Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls (/thread-9078.html)

Pages: 1 2

Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls - Cataclysm - 07-11-2011

I've been playing the game Dark Fall:Lost Souls recently, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Although I feel it does a great job at immersion despite the constant clicking and other mechanics that you would expect to get in the way.

Just thought I'd open up a forum if anyone else has played it cause I think it is another great horror game that's worth a play.

RE: Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls - Tanshaydar - 07-11-2011

Dark Fall series is indeed a great series.
Lost Souls have some great puzzles and better immersion than its predecessors. It managed to scare me a lot and its story was quite intriguing. Visual quality was a plus but constant 1024x768 resolution really get to my nerves.

Jonathan Boakes' every single game has something good and/or unique. I'd suggest The Lost Crown too.

RE: Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls - Cataclysm - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 05:35 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Dark Fall series is indeed a great series.
Lost Souls have some great puzzles and better immersion than its predecessors. It managed to scare me a lot and its story was quite intriguing. Visual quality was a plus but constant 1024x768 resolution really get to my nerves.

Jonathan Boakes' every single game has something good and/or unique. I'd suggest The Lost Crown too.

I'll definitely look into The Lost Crown. Just looked it up, looks very interesting! And yes I agree 100%. The puzzles in Dark Fall are wonderful. I'm yet to play the others but I'm sure they're just as great.

RE: Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls - Googolplex - 12-02-2013

I'm actually playing the game. And I can just say it's FANTASTIC.
The sounds, the atmosphere, the immersion, the horror, the puzzles - everything is just brillant. It is my first point n click adventure game - normally I dislike this genre, but the controls are very familiar and does a better job than expected.

It is really scary and awesome environments!

Everyone who enjoyed Penumbra and Amnesia should play this game. Of course, it's a bit different, but really good at horror and mysterious story.

I'll later talk more about it.

RE: Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls - Ghieri - 12-02-2013

Quote:It is my first point n click adventure game

Quote:normally I dislike this genre

wat

(12-02-2013, 04:56 PM)Ghieri Wrote: wat

I prefer free 3D character movement. But I gave it a chance and the whole game is simply fantastic.

RE: Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls - Tiger - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 05:08 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 04:56 PM)Ghieri Wrote: wat

I prefer free 3D character movement. But I gave it a chance and the whole game is simply fantastic.

He was just pointing out how you contradicted yourself by saying that you said that it was your first point-and-click game, but that you didn't like the genre, which implies you've played a p-a-c game before.

(12-02-2013, 08:53 PM)Tiger Wrote: He was just pointing out how you contradicted yourself by saying that you said that it was your first point-and-click game, but that you didn't like the genre, which implies you've played a p-a-c game before.

No. I also dislike to be in prison without to have ever been there.

RE: Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls - Ghieri - 12-04-2013

(12-02-2013, 09:24 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 08:53 PM)Tiger Wrote: He was just pointing out how you contradicted yourself by saying that you said that it was your first point-and-click game, but that you didn't like the genre, which implies you've played a p-a-c game before.

No. I also dislike to be in prison without to have ever been there.

Because you know that prison is a punishment for breaking the law, and adventure games are a form of entertainment that you can't really dislike until you've tried.

Jesus Christ, do you even logic?

RE: Thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls - Googolplex - 12-04-2013

(12-04-2013, 02:14 AM)Ghieri Wrote: Because you know that prison is a punishment for breaking the law, and adventure games are a form of entertainment that you can't really dislike until you've tried.

I know that 2D adventures are not as immersive like 3D adventures. It's simply bad when you just have to click around to control. Also why making/playing a 2D adventure?

I just decided to give it a try, because I actually had nothing to play.
The whole game is fantastic, but I still prefer 3D and it would be even better when it would have free movement.

There are some things in the world you dislike without to get confronted with.

(12-04-2013, 02:14 AM)Ghieri Wrote: Jesus Christ, do you even logic?

Don't talk about Jesus before understand anything about logic.