Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale (/thread-925.html)

Pages: 1 2

Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - MustardCat - 04-17-2007

Title says it. I think it would be nice to have the option to play in black and white.

Just throwing out an idea....

Some examples:
[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

Comments?

RE: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - Rowedekhelicon - 04-17-2007

Why? I don't think it makes it any scarier. It's just irritating. Sad

RE: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - Thaliur - 04-17-2007

You can improvise this option by setting your colour saturation to 0 in you graphics adapter control panel

RE: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - TheCollective15 - 04-17-2007

This idea might be better used for certain in-game moments, but not during the entire thing...while it would be interesting, I fear that the black/white would make things boring on the long run, while also detracting from some rather colorful scenes (ice caves, excavation site, etc.).

However, it could be used for flashbacks (to replace those save screens near the artefacts) or perhaps for a fancy effect during a scripted event...

RE: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - Willbreaker - 04-18-2007

Yes, TheCollective15 and Thaliur once again shows their brilliance.

I agree, for certain in game moments this could really enhance the atmosphere and feeling. For the entire game, use the tip Thaliur gave.

/Breaker

RE: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - TheCollective15 - 04-18-2007

Willbreaker Wrote:Yes, TheCollective15 and Thaliur once again shows their brilliance.

Smile

RE: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - Yuhaney - 05-12-2007

Well I don't think that it would be good if it's whole time looking like this.
But what about when those spiders bites you, they could secrete some sort of poison into you, and it makes your sight to looking like this for sometime. Smile

RE: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - jo291 - 06-05-2007

MustardCat Wrote:Title says it. I think it would be nice to have the option to play in black and white.

Just throwing out an idea....

Some examples:
[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

Comments?
very cool it sorta sets a mood of despair and tragetyand its just plane creepy like a photagragh that can move of cours i wouldent want it in all parts of the game

RE: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - Eragon - 06-05-2007

Better let it stay with colors.

RE: Option request - Black and white/Grayscale - WindexGlow - 09-14-2007

Actually, this would be a great feature for modders. Being able to set gray scale to about 5-10% would make a heavy change in the feel of the game, making lighter colors seem darker.