Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Any News On The Next Instalment? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Any News On The Next Instalment? (/thread-9278.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - BrooksyFC - 08-23-2011

It's all sounding promising. Hopefully the game will have a lot more exploration, few more monster spawns that aren't too predictable and some items that can used (Don't remember using the wooden crank.)

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - Googolplex - 08-23-2011

(08-22-2011, 09:05 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I am absolutely certain you will still be able to, like with all their games, buy it directly from shelf.frictionalgames.com

I really hope that!
Never buy a game what is for steam.

The problem is, that this game (from my street) will be only for steam. A very good game, but steam is not for me --arghhh...!

(08-23-2011, 10:22 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: It's all sounding promising. Hopefully the game will have a lot more exploration, few more monster spawns that aren't too predictable and some items that can used (Don't remember using the wooden crank.)

Yes, I would like a game that is filled full of hidden and tricky puzzles.
I like it to read a user manual of some kind of machine to repair it.
Or to read a note with hidden content (for example a password).

Penumbra makes some better as Amnesia, hope they go more into adventure direction, but of course with horror.

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - BrooksyFC - 08-24-2011

Yeah I totally agree there. Like the part where you need to read the instructions for the explosives or the power generator or the finding out the morse code message. I prefer that rather than gathering pieces and just putting them somewhere to move forward.

If they had the style of Penumbra's puzzles with the horror element of Amnesia, with some more random monster spawns (just to make the player more on edge) then that would make a great game.

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - BrooksyFC - 09-07-2011

Hey Guys, just seen that it's Amnesia's Birthday tomorrow Big Grin. As a lot of Frictional Games games seemed to be released every year, do you think something could be announced soon as it's past it's year almost?

Also, what are your idea's on titles for the game. Amnesia 2 seems too obvious and, in my opinion, doesn't sound right. Something like Daniel's (Insert Title) Tongue, what happens to Daniel after the game, depending on the ending of the game.

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - Umbra Sicarius - 09-08-2011

I highly doubt there will be a sequel to Amnesia and quite frankly I am getting a bit tired of everyone thinking their will be one. Personally I would love to see Frictional Games take on a dark and gritty futuristic setting, preferably a cyberpunk one.

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - BendyBread - 09-08-2011

(08-23-2011, 10:22 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: It's all sounding promising. Hopefully the game will have a lot more exploration, few more monster spawns that aren't too predictable and some items that can used (Don't remember using the wooden crank.)
Isnt the crank used in the machine room? That is, you go to turn the wheel to wind the heavy door open, and the handle brakes off, so you have the crank to replace it.

Or am I thinking of something else. D:

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - graykin - 09-08-2011

(09-08-2011, 12:24 PM)BendyBread Wrote:
Isnt the crank used in the machine room? That is, you go to turn the wheel to wind the heavy door open, and the handle brakes off, so you have the crank to replace it.

Or am I thinking of something else. D:
It is used in that location, but most people (myself included) found themselves stacking crates underneath the door to hold it open, thereby rendering the crank item useless.

I wondered what the hell that thing was for until I watched someone's LP of Amnesia.

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - hollowleviathan - 09-08-2011

What a very off-topic and divisive thing to ask. That kind of discussions is best reserved for the Off-Topic forum.

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - Gasjockey - 09-08-2011

(09-08-2011, 09:37 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: What a very off-topic and divisive thing to ask. That kind of discussions is best reserved for the Off-Topic forum.
Fine. I shall use the almighty power of editing to erase this horrible mistake Tongue

ON TOPIC: I'd say that the next frictional game is probably gonna have a larger number of outdoor scenes, what with their work on terrain generation. That doesn't really narrow it down much tho... could be anything from a sandbox to another amnesia-ish game to a cow farming mmo Smile

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - BrooksyFC - 09-09-2011

(09-08-2011, 10:01 PM)Gasjockey Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 09:37 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: What a very off-topic and divisive thing to ask. That kind of discussions is best reserved for the Off-Topic forum.
Fine. I shall use the almighty power of editing to erase this horrible mistake Tongue

ON TOPIC: I'd say that the next frictional game is probably gonna have a larger number of outdoor scenes, what with their work on terrain generation. That doesn't really narrow it down much tho... could be anything from a sandbox to another amnesia-ish game to a cow farming mmo Smile
I was just wondering what it is for, don't remember it having a use. Just suggesting there could be more items with different uses.

That's awesome if they are working on a terrain generator. Would be a cool step forward working on an outdoor environment, I think for the better as there will be more exploration. Plus more space means you need to be on guard more often for monsters. I still like the indoor environments, but with a bit more building variation, like caves or churches, something like that.