Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Any News On The Next Instalment? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Any News On The Next Instalment? (/thread-9278.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - BrooksyFC - 08-11-2011

Yeah I heard about it a while ago, but someone just started a new thread mentioning an interview with Jens, not sure if a new one or an older one

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - ThanatosPLz - 08-11-2011

I cant belive that, there is to less number of good horror games, FG are the only who scary me, Amnesia was really awesome and i am hope there next game will be similar to Amnesia and Penumbra.
I have so many ideas how Amnesia and other FG games make better.

PS:Hi everyone Smile

@ThanatosPLz

Hello Smile

Yeah there is no other game that makes me get so scared that I can only play 5 or 10 mins before saving and exiting the game. Brilliant game though.

Let us know your thoughts, that what my thread is for. Just news on the next game and thoughts on improvements/changes. We've listed a few in other posts Tongue

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - ThanatosPLz - 08-11-2011

I would like to share with you with my thougts but there are language problem, i dont speak english very well but i will try Smile
1:Finding key elements (like keys, drills,) which help you beat the game should be harder. In Amnesia every element which you will need to go further is lighting and you immediately now what to do. Other environment objects you can only throw. I think you should be able to pick up every object to your equipment.
2.You should be able to fights with monster, of course not with RPG or shotgun Smile
Imagine, that you are running and monster is right behind you, then you take wardrobe next to you and throwing (but very weak) into him giving you some more seconds to escape, or maybe punching him with stick and then run like in horror movies, sounds good ? I think so Smile

Yeah I see what you mean about the equipment, but some puzzles are still challenging even if you have all the tools you need to complete it. Like on Penumbra Overture, you need to gather all the materials for the explosives and then combine them and they set the bomb off without dying. But I know what your saying.

In black plague you can throw objects, like stone and chairs at the creatures and they do wobble back, giving you a few seconds extra to escape. In Amnesia, they just slow down cause they are stuck, but then smash through the stuff. Something like setting traps would be interesting though

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - Googolplex - 08-12-2011

Jens sayd in the interview:

"It might be a MMO we are working on!"

I hope, that was a joke, Jens!

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - BrooksyFC - 08-12-2011

Yeah I hope that was a joke.

JUST STICK TO HORROR IF YOUR READING THIS JENS!!!

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - jens - 08-12-2011

No, it's a really cool farming MMO. So you have like lots of green grass and then you have to make sure your cows eat a lot to produce a lot of milk and then the nice thing about it is that when it gets dark monsters come out and you have to protect the cows. So there is a horror element in the game, but it is not the focus of the game. Then if things go bad and the monsters eat the cows, you feel really sad, and as we have said, we wanted to explorer other types of emotions and that has been working out really well thanks to the dynamic of the grass, the cows and the cow eating monsters!

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - Kman - 08-12-2011

That made me hardcore lol

RE: Any News On The Next Instalment? - XboxMySocks - 08-12-2011

(08-12-2011, 03:31 PM)jens Wrote: No, it's a really cool farming MMO. So you have like lots of green grass and then you have to make sure your cows eat a lot to produce a lot of milk and then the nice thing about it is that when it gets dark monsters come out and you have to protect the cows. So there is a horror element in the game, but it is not the focus of the game. Then if things go bad and the monsters eat the cows, you feel really sad, and as we have said, we wanted to explorer other types of emotions and that has been working out really well thanks to the dynamic of the grass, the cows and the cow eating monsters!

Jesus christ I thought you were serious for a second, I almost smashed my face off the keyboard