Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Penumbra in Sims 3 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Penumbra in Sims 3 (/thread-9805.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Penumbra in Sims 3 - hollowleviathan - 08-31-2011

You can't squish the atoms. They'd get all angry and possibly explode!

On topic, this looks really great, and fun for you to do to boot. Congrats!

RE: Penumbra in Sims 3 - eiahmon - 08-31-2011

Important safety tip, don't cross the streams. XD

But to answer your question, Pluto, resizing it would require redoing the mesh, and I don't know how to do that yet. (Soon....)

Thanks Hollow. Smile

It was alot of work, but it was fun. I can't wait until I add the sims and start playtesting!

RE: Penumbra in Sims 3 - eiahmon - 09-12-2011

I'm back after playing Perfect World International for a while, (2x experience!) and I'm currently working on putting the last of the posters into the game, and while I do that, I figured everyone here might want to look into the traits for the sims that will eventually live on the lot. XD

There are going to be four live sims on the lot: Phillip, Amabel, Clarence, and Dr. Richard Eminiss. There will also be two ghost sims: Red and Howard. Sims can have up to five traits, which determine their behavior when acting of their own free will, and how they respond when told to do something. Dr. Eminiss already has one trait; genius, as does Red, who will be insane and inappropriate. Clarence will be evil and mean spirited, and I'm also thinking about giving Howard Commitment Issues. The rest I'll leave up to everyone here. If you have any questions about any particular trait, you can look at The Sims Wiki for more details. And bear in mind, that some traits conflict with each other. For example a sim cannot be family oriented and dislike children at the same time.

Phillip:

Amabel: Good, Friendly

Dr. Eminiss: Genius

Clarence: Evil, Mean Spirited

Red: Insane, Inappropriate, Hot Headed, Kleptomaniac, Dramatic

Howard: Commitment Issues?

Here are all the traits:

Absent Minded, Adventurous, Ambitious, Angler, Artistic, Athletic

Bookworm, Born Salesman, Brave

Can't Stand Art, Charismatic, Childish, Clumsy, Commitment Issues

Dislikes Children, Dramatic

Easily Impressed, Eccentric, Eco Friendly, Evil, Excitable

Family Oriented, Flirty, Friendly, Frugal

Genius, Good, Good Sense of Humor, Great Kisser, Green Thumb, Grumpy

Handy, Hates the Outdoors, Heavy Sleeper, Hopeless Romantic, Hot Headed, Hydrophobic

Insane

Kleptomaniac

Light Sleeper, Loner, Loser, Loves the Outdoors, Lucky

Mean Spirited, Mooch

Natural Cook, Neat, Neurotic, Never Nude, No Sense of Humor, Nurturing

Over-Emotional

Party Animal, Perceptive, Perfectionist, Photographer's Eye

Rebellious

Savvy Sculptor, Schmoozer, Shy, Slob, Snob, Star Quality

Technophobe

Unflirty, Unlucky

Vegetarian, Vehicle Enthusiast, Virtuoso

Workaholic

Have fun! Smile

RE: Penumbra in Sims 3 - eiahmon - 09-12-2011

Well the posters are done - the ones I could do anyway. S3OC will have to be updated before I can do anything with the green bullentin board, and I have to learn how to mesh before I can do the newspaper clippings. Oddly enough, even though I gave each poster a unique name during creation, in the buy catalog they all have the same name. Go figure; I never had this kind of problem when creating custom content for Sims 1. Don't get me started on the hell that prevented me from making custom content for Sims 2...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure these are not in their correct spots, but I'll go into Penumbra later and take some notes.

[Image: Screenshot-66.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-65.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-64.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-63.jpg]

RE: Penumbra in Sims 3 - plutomaniac - 09-12-2011

It almost looks like the real Penumbra Black Plague, great work. Also, about the traits I think you chose them correctly.

RE: Penumbra in Sims 3 - Yuhaney - 09-12-2011

I believe that Red should also be "hot headed" since he gets pissed pretty easily. I still don't understand why he was mad at Phillip in Overture.

Amabel would be "good" and "friendly".

Others can choose another trait.

(09-12-2011, 04:06 PM)Scraper Wrote: Amabel would be "good" and "friendly".

good and friendly but also infected. That's why you added the quotes I guess ("text")

RE: Penumbra in Sims 3 - Yuhaney - 09-12-2011

No. I added them because... well, they are quoted from the eiahmon's post above. Tongue

I don't believe Amabel was infected.

RE: Penumbra in Sims 3 - graykin - 09-12-2011

I think you should make Red "dramatic," and possibly a "klepto" as he did have a tendency to be...well...dramatic, and he was a bit of thief. I do believe they should all be "insane," though I'm not sure how that would affect their personality in Sims 3, so I'm speaking partially out of ignorance.

Commitment issues definitely for Howard.

(09-12-2011, 04:39 PM)Scraper Wrote: No. I added them because... well, they are quoted from the eiahmon's post above. Tongue

I don't believe Amabel was infected.
she was, don't you remember that you kill her with a box from the ceiling? Or do I remember something else?