Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[spoiler]who was the guy in the room?
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4
RE: [spoiler]who was the guy in the room?

MAny spiders might be large enough to move a human body.
He could also have been killed (also could have been killed? Sounds better, but it's been a long time since I had English in school) by a yet not encountered species of giant ants Wink

[edit]
I just thought I should clarify that by "Many spiders" I meant "Many spiders working together", not "Many types of spiders"

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2007, 12:48 AM by klutzon.)
06-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

Spoiler below!
I played that game like maybe 5 times, and the last time, I just noticed that by chance, that hole in the wall. I was like, dang, never saw that. maybe it's some beast we never saw, or won't until later.
06-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Find
Hayenne Offline

Threads: 1

I think the reason is far more prosaic.
Developers wanted to scare player but they did not want him to follow that kind of beast so they made that hole small Smile
06-28-2007, 05:44 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I played that game like maybe 5 times, and the last time, I just noticed that by chance, that hole in the wall. I was like, dang, never saw that. maybe it's some beast we never saw, or won't until later.

It might be... And I really hope so! Wink

06-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Website Find
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

Hayenne Wrote:I think the reason is far more prosaic.
Developers wanted to scare player but they did not want him to follow that kind of beast so they made that hole small Smile

Hmm.. but what about the hole in the UV room? Its big enough to go in.. i actually tried Wink guess im crazy like that.
06-29-2007, 03:40 AM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

banj007 Wrote:Hmm.. but what about the hole in the UV room? Its big enough to go in.. i actually tried Wink guess im crazy like that.

I tried too! Smile

It might be that Big Rock Worm. However that is only my thought! Smile

06-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Website Find
Mango Offline

Threads: 0

Please keep in mind that this is entirely based on my own speculation.
Spoiler below!
If you read the scribblings in the "Rock Worm Study", ME mentions a scientist who got out [of the shelter?] "right near the start of it all." According to ME, the chaotic event started near the end of '00 (also about the same time the John-O went mad). ME also states that it has been about a year since the event. Looking at Spider Hater's notes, he seems to have a pretty good scientific background. It can be deduced from his notes that he wasn't from the old mine. His first "Day 1" note indicates that it was written only 6 hours after chaos broke loose. His notes indicate that he has been hiding for at least 300 days. This seems to match pretty well with ME's note about the scientist who got out. Coincidence?? Maybe, but it seems to be the most likely explanation that I can come up with as to who Spider Hater might be.

On a side note [let me know if this should be in another thread]:
Spoiler below!
The little article about the increased ship activities states that there were 47 workers in the mine when the explosion occurred in [February]1972. I am sure that someone else noticed from reading the "Welcome to The Shelter" note that the total population minus the Elevated Caste and the Chief Staff = 47. Could the ships have brought in supplies and more people to fill in for the people who died due to the explosion (we know the Suicide bomber, foreman, and the five who escaped the explosion died). This number is actually close to the temporary number (8) found in the Shelter note. Eight people die in explosion(Feb. '72)-->supplies and replacements are shipped in(mid '73 - end '73)-->Shelter is established(somewhere in '73). It's also funny how the Away team is MIA. Maybe they were led on a chase by Red Wink

I have yet to piece all the info found in the notes and whatnot into a time line fashion. I might post my conclusions after doing so.
08-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Scraper Wrote:
banj007 Wrote:Hmm.. but what about the hole in the UV room? Its big enough to go in.. i actually tried Wink guess im crazy like that.

I tried too! Smile

It might be that Big Rock Worm. However that is only my thought! Smile
I'm pretty sure the UV room hole was caused by one of the big rock worms, as they were examining rock worms there, and maybe the smaller ones kind of "called for help", or signalled distress in some manner, so the big one got aware of that area and bored it's way in there.

The small hole was weird though. But thinking about how spiders usually devour their prey, it might have been the spiders burrowing through there (if they burrow at all), attacked the man, and sucked him through the hole.

Still, there's the possibility he wasn't dragged through there in whole.
Some rock worms might have come through, and tore him apart to drag him wherever they wanted to eat (maybe to the "tunnel from times ahead"?)

08-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

something sure made a thump or something in that scene. large spiders or worms? I'm thinking something with legs. If you remember the creaks, and dust falling down, it wasn't smooth. it didn't flow. it was one area here, then another, then another, so my guess is, maybe just something with legs.
if it was like a worm, maybe by sections, between the beams. I may have to go and play that part again, and see just how it was done, when the creaks occured, dust, where, when,
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2007, 12:33 AM by Greatred.)
08-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

The... unsmoothness (sorry, it's the best word I could come up with) might also have been caused by the person in the room struggling against his attackers

08-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Find