Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[spoiler]who was the guy in the room?
Mr Jack Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [spoiler]who was the guy in the room?

Don't know about spiders... as far as I know the door was still closed and locked at the moment, so I don't think few tiny spiders just went through the door that easily. Besides, everything did happen in seconds and I really don't think spiders would be able to do that.

People here seem to talk about THE rock worm. But I understood from the "Me"- character that there was still many worms by many sizes left. I'd say it was a smaller worm that took the poor guy.

@ Mango, great thinking. Smile
08-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

Thaliur Wrote:The... unsmoothness (sorry, it's the best word I could come up with) might also have been caused by the person in the room struggling against his attackers

Yeah, at first, I thoght I nailed it good, then near the end it shifted a bit. hard to say yet on what that may have been
08-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Gee, I must have had posted my theory in the wrong thread! <blush>
Anyways, here goes:

The "Spider-Hater" said that he whouldn't open until he heard human voices, so when Philip came and started hitting the door (Trying to open it) he whispered "Who's there" or something alike, but not so loud.
After a while he thought perhaps it accualy was a human (Nothing else whould bother the door, the spiders had learned they couldn't get through) and that perhaps he whispered too quitely, thus not the resque team hearing him and thinking the door simply was jammed.
He decided to open the door and check for whoever was there, he had been stuck a long time now. Upon opening the door a nuts dog attacks him and drags him away.

By the way, what tells he's human? Sure, that could be lazy programmers thinking noone whould notice it if they didn't make it large... but that tounge is huge! The size of a wine bottle.
Could anyone screenshot that hole in the wall, I still havn't seen it! Can't replay the game, since my stationary computer is busted and my portable (The one I'm using now) is waay too weak for Penumbra.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

the timing is different. I heard it once I think "Who's there?". But he says it while you're up there. You then go down, the ladder, explore a bit, then come back and hear it.
08-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Find
Eragon Offline

Threads: 8

and how did the dog enterd the hole?

Penumbra Overture- Its an EXCELLENT game.
Penumbra Black Plague- is AMAZING!
Penumbra Requiem - ...
08-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Find
Gambler_Justice Offline

Threads: 0

Kedjane Wrote:By the way, what tells he's human? Sure, that could be lazy programmers thinking noone whould notice it if they didn't make it large... but that tounge is huge! The size of a wine bottle.

It's been a while since I played that part, but didn't he write down something about how it turns out there was something toxic in those spiders after all, meaning his tongue would've swollen?(Which is why he cut it, for fear of suffocating?)
08-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:the timing is different. I heard it once I think "Who's there?". But he says it while you're up there. You then go down, the ladder, explore a bit, then come back and hear it.

Explain what you're saying?
I did write that he sais "Who's there?" when you're up there.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

I'm not sure who said this, and maybe I'm wrong, but I thought someone said shortly before he gets attacked, he says "who's there".
they said, "who's there" is what gave his location away and he died.
08-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I heard too, that he said: "Who's there..?"

08-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Website Find
Eragon Offline

Threads: 8

yes, he sayd "who's there?",but my why is why he didn't open the damn door when Philip was up there!!! I think the only thing we found from him was hes intestines in the spider caves.Well atleast i think its hes intestines...

Penumbra Overture- Its an EXCELLENT game.
Penumbra Black Plague- is AMAZING!
Penumbra Requiem - ...
08-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Find