Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[spoiler]who was the guy in the room?
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: [spoiler]who was the guy in the room?

Where was he was he was attacked? I need to play the game and get an idea of the location again. Was he going in the hole? staying put? moving around to find that other person (Philip)?
08-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Eragon Wrote:I think the only thing we found from him was hes intestines in the spider caves.Well atleast i think its hes intestines...

I was thinkin' the same when I came there...

08-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Website Find
Gambler_Justice Offline

Threads: 0

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:Where was he was he was attacked? I need to play the game and get an idea of the location again. Was he going in the hole? staying put? moving around to find that other person (Philip)?

I think he was in the locked room when being attacked, considering the blood trail starts from there and the chair had been knocked over.
It might've been a spider that attacked him, since we saw one heading his way in the tunnel and him falling from the chair would explain the noises.
08-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Gambler_Justice Wrote:
Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:Where was he was he was attacked? I need to play the game and get an idea of the location again. Was he going in the hole? staying put? moving around to find that other person (Philip)?

I think he was in the locked room when being attacked, considering the blood trail starts from there and the chair had been knocked over.
It might've been a spider that attacked him, since we saw one heading his way in the tunnel and him falling from the chair would explain the noises.

Yeah, he was inside the locked room...

08-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Website Find
Eragon Offline

Threads: 8

Soo...let me see if i got this straight...Hes locked in hes room then a spider comes and rams the door down, then it jumps on him trowing him off the chair and draging him all the way to the hole??

That must be super-spider or something like that.

I still think its a worm or something else we havent seen in EP1.

Penumbra Overture- Its an EXCELLENT game.
Penumbra Black Plague- is AMAZING!
Penumbra Requiem - ...
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2007, 01:14 AM by Architect.)
08-06-2007, 01:13 AM
Find
Gambler_Justice Offline

Threads: 0

Eragon Wrote:Soo...let me see if i got this straight...Hes locked in hes room then a spider comes and rams the door down, then it jumps on him trowing him off the chair and draging him all the way to the hole??

That must be super-spider or something like that.

I still think its a worm or something else we havent seen in EP1.

Well, maybe not a spider. I do however think, that something jumped on him and made him fall of the chair.

Edit: I started a new game, just to see if I'd find something new, here's what I found:
There's definitly some noise from inside the locked door every time you touch the lock. I couldn't figure out what it is saying, but it might just be the "Who's there?" as has been suggested.

When retreiving the ladder and going back up the trap door, you can hear loud bangs as if there was a fight and the growling of what sounds like a dog.

The door in which the tunnel is, has been opened only slightly which I think means:
The man, when taken by this monster through the hole, was clearly in pieces since a full man could not fit through there.
The monster is quite small, however the opening in the door seems too large for a spider. Something larger than the slugs or spiders must have come through this door.

The locked door, in which the man was, has been opened almost completely this can mean several things:
This animal that attacked him charged through the door instead of gently opening it, or the man opened it himself.
The latter doesn't seem possible considering the blood trail starts at the chair that has been knocked over.

The tunnel does look large enough for even a dog. I think it was a dog that came through, why? Because the door in which the tunnel is, can't be pushed open if you want to get out of there. It has to be pulled. There is no damage on the door, a worm or a spider could NOT in any way have opened the door without breaking it.
Something opened the door, either the dog jumped on the handle and opened it, or something quite thin with hands opened it.

Edit #3 : New discoveries

When re-reading his notes ,I noticed three things that might be of value.
1# He mentions "feral animals" this must be a referance to the dogs. Which would mean, the dogs were first used as guard dogs, which then went wild!(Feral means animals that have escaped from being tamed and went back into the wild)
He also says these animals often try and scratch and open his locked door. Which might mean that the animals using the tunnels were in fact, dogs. Which might be why he had locked that door too.
2# He mentions a cave-in when he tried to return to the place he started from, it can't be the cave-in caused by Philip when coming in there or we would have seen him. So he must be referring to the cave-in that you need to destroy with TNT. This means, he must've come from there. "But the place from there is huge, it doesn't exactly give us any good hints who he was, does it?" You might ask, well I have a theory on that too.
In his notes, he mentions his trustworthy pen knife.
Spoiler below!
In the room right before the UV-light room(where there is a door that needs to be opened with the bolt-cutter + newspaper) you can find a pen knife
I doubt these knives were very common for the mine workers since I've not found any others, which leads me to believe:
The scientist that was working in the room before the
Spoiler below!
UV lights
and perhaps even the man who was
Spoiler below!
writing on the walls in the UV-light room
is the same person as our spider-hater!
08-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Find
Eragon Offline

it can't be a dog in the hole. Bsides the sound of the monster that was attacking was much more fiercly then a simple dog.The thing that attacked him was much more powerfull then a dog. And the sound was bigger and much more louder and scarier then a dog.Something attacked him...but it was not a dog, spider, or a worm(maybe). It was something else.What more could that mine have hidden??You people are always thinnking that are dogs or spiders. Think about the new stuff that is coming!!

Penumbra Requiem - ...
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Eragon Wrote:it can't be a dog in the hole. Bsides the sound of the monster that was attacking was much more fiercly then a simple dog.The thing that attacked him was much more powerfull then a dog. And the sound was bigger and much more louder and scarier then a dog.Something attacked him...but it was not a dog, spider, or a worm(maybe). It was something else.What more could that mine have hidden??You people are always thinnking that are dogs or spiders. Think about the new stuff that is coming!!
Hmm, it might have been Charlie, or a very slender breed of the hunter creature.
And there are all the weird creatures we haven't seen anywhere yet...
What about the one-armed skeleton octopus?

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2007, 04:04 PM by klutzon.)
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Thaliur Wrote:
Eragon Wrote:it can't be a dog in the hole. Bsides the sound of the monster that was attacking was much more fiercly then a simple dog.The thing that attacked him was much more powerfull then a dog. And the sound was bigger and much more louder and scarier then a dog.Something attacked him...but it was not a dog, spider, or a worm(maybe). It was something else.What more could that mine have hidden??You people are always thinnking that are dogs or spiders. Think about the new stuff that is coming!!
Hmm, it might have been Charlie, or a very slender breed of the hunter creature.

You mean the Roach from Tech Demo?

08-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Website Find
Eragon Offline

?

What are you guys talking about?
In the tech demo i only found a dolphin bat lol.

Penumbra Requiem - ...
08-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Find