Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[spoiler]who was the guy in the room?
Eragon Offline

Threads: 8
[spoiler]who was the guy in the room?

I didn't finished the game yet but in the begining when we are in the tunnels with spiders the first ones wich haves a ladder that u need to bring back. I mean who actualy was the guy who got killed by something in the upper room(he's that guy that cotted off hes thongue). I still haven't found out who he was... i'm on the chase part! and i can't pass it cuz my graphic card sux and things get all laggy so its very hard (i have a Nvidia Geforce 6200 TurboCache...i know it sux!!)Guess i can only continue penumbra with a new graphic card...I just wanted to know whos that guy.

Cheers!!
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2007, 07:17 PM by jens.)
06-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Find
fortminor Offline

Threads: 0
RE: who was the guy in the room?

Eragon Wrote:I didn't finished the game yet but in the begining when we are in the tunnels with spiders the first ones wich haves a ladder that u need to bring back. I mean who actualy was the guy who got killed by something in the upper room(he's that guy that cotted off hes thongue). I still haven't found out who he was... i'm on the chase part! and i can't pass it cuz my graphic card sux and things get all laggy so its very hard (i have a Nvidia Geforce 6200 TurboCache...i know it sux!!)Guess i can only continue penumbra with a new graphic card...I just wanted to know whos that guy.

Cheers!!

In the bigining i think what it's a Ryjiy(men with we talk)? but when i've end game i think what Rijiy was no alone... Brrrr... Going crazy))

Sorry, my english is very bad)
06-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Find
Eragon Offline

[/quote]

In the bigining i think what it's a Ryjiy(men with we talk)? but when i've end game i think what Rijiy was no alone... Brrrr... Going crazy))

[/quote]

Ryjiy?? Never heard of that guy!

Penumbra Overture- Its an EXCELLENT game.
Penumbra Black Plague- is AMAZING!
Penumbra Requiem - ...
06-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

[/quote]

[/quote]

The guy was Thomas (one of the developers). Apparently, during the beginning phases of actually creating the maps for penumbra, Thomas became so frustrated with getting the atmosphere scary (at the time it was not scary) so he inserted a small story twist: Himself.
The mumbling coming from the room is actually Thomas mumbling when he was partially diffusional, though was able to make a recoverery without visiting a doctor.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
06-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Find
Eragon Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:
Eragon Wrote:

[/quote]

The guy was Thomas (one of the developers). Apparently, during the beginning phases of actually creating the maps for penumbra, Thomas became so frustrated with getting the atmosphere scary (at the time it was not scary) so he inserted a small story twist: Himself.
The mumbling coming from the room is actually Thomas mumbling when he was partially diffusional, though was able to make a recoverery without visiting a doctor.
[/quote]

Ur kidding or are u serious?

Penumbra Requiem - ...
06-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

I am not joking, ask him yourself if you doubt me.

Please -REP me.
06-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

Threads: 5

Lies...LIES...utter nonsense, I do say. I am afraid that you are being mislead by this...villian of sorts, who resides in our fair forum.

Smile

You can't kill me if I kill me first!!
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2007, 06:25 AM by thor27.)
06-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Find
Eragon Offline

ok...i still dont know who is that guy.

Penumbra Requiem - ...
06-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

Threads: 5

I don't really think anybody knows who he is. As far as I know, he has no name, and isn't a super important character, unlike Red, who you meet later on.

If you explore the level with this mysterious being in it, you will find that he is likely the scientist who wrote those diary entries, concerning the digestion of spiders, and escaping the mine for freedom. That is all I really know...

Oh, and he cut out an 'external organ' (I think it's his tongue) and placed it on a shelf, and he has been eating spiders for a period of months...making him a little loony. Smile

You can't kill me if I kill me first!!
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2007, 04:53 PM by thor27.)
06-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Bugs taste good actually (eat an ant, they taste like sweet tarts)

Please -REP me.
06-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Find