Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Any hints I missed? *spoilers*
sabonis Offline

Threads: 1
Any hints I missed? *spoilers*

I'm in Nave, reached Agrippa. tried everything to find how to fix the broken levers, so that I can open the doors. I even entered Choir, visited every room there. Then noticed it wasn't helping and returned back, couldn't find how to open those doors, so I looked it up on the internet. Then I found the secret compartment on the ceiling for the machinery.

I hate to look up for solutions, but this time I had to. I'm curious, did I miss something or was this machinery hard to find?
11-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Any hints I missed? *spoilers*

(11-25-2011, 04:29 PM)sabonis Wrote: I'm in Nave, reached Agrippa. tried everything to find how to fix the broken levers, so that I can open the doors. I even entered Choir, visited every room there. Then noticed it wasn't helping and returned back, couldn't find how to open those doors, so I looked it up on the internet. Then I found the secret compartment on the ceiling for the machinery.

I hate to look up for solutions, but this time I had to. I'm curious, did I miss something or was this machinery hard to find?
You have to stand on a box or something to push a gear into place if I recall correctly
11-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Website Find
sabonis Offline

Threads: 1

no, you got me wrong, I got the levers working, no problem there. but it bugged me that I couldn't find the machinery on my own. was there an obvious clue that I missed or did I really have to keep looking around for like 20 minutes?
11-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

What lever? Oh, that one. So many of Alexander's things are breaking down. Look around, maybe the other room."
and
"There are machine parts hidden all over this place. You'll find a way to fix it.

I think I had to look it up during my playthrough as well. Poor wording.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
11-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I dunno, it seemed to be obvious to me. Afair, there is even a sound when you close to gear mechanism, no?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

looking up, the most underestimated puzzle mechanic ever made, you'd be amazed at how easily people are stumped when something is above them, so i have a plan, whenever i get stuck on something, i take a good long look at the ceiling.
11-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

(11-28-2011, 06:08 AM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: looking up, the most underestimated puzzle mechanic ever made, you'd be amazed at how easily people are stumped when something is above them, so i have a plan, whenever i get stuck on something, i take a good long look at the ceiling.
One of the Portal's Commentary Nodes mentions how they dumped down at least one of the puzzles because at least some of the beta testers didn't realize to look up.

This bring me to another point about how nicely detailed those high ceiling rooms are and almost nobody pays much attention to those ceilings.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011, 12:37 PM by Clord.)
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I do.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
12-15-2011, 03:34 AM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

The in-game hint given, was the sound of machinery nearby.
12-31-2011, 12:20 AM
Find