Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which monster do you think is the most dangerous and scariest in the Frictional Games universe?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Grey Rock Worms from Penumbra
8.28%
13 8.28%
The Infected from Penumbra
17.83%
28 17.83%
The Dogs from Penumbra
7.01%
11 7.01%
The spiders from Penumbra
1.91%
3 1.91%
The Brutes from Amneisa
35.03%
55 35.03%
The Grunts from Amnesia
13.38%
21 13.38%
The Water Horror from Amnesia
16.56%
26 16.56%
Total 157 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

Picking the #1 monster should consider the following: its health, damage strength, any special ability it may have (such as regeneration, invisibility, burrowing, etc), ability to find/chase you and how hard it is to loose it when it does chase you.

I picked the Grey Rock Worm because: it physically it is far stronger than even the Brute in Amnesia, due to sensing vibrations you can never loose this thing (you can block its way, but it still knows where you are), and this fella can certainly surprise you at any moment! this cool monster would be even more frightening in real life Exclamation
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

I'd say brute.

It's impossible to win them in running competition if there isn't any doors on the way. They can kill you in one hit if your health isn't maxed, and although it was you still couldn't run away from them. And in my opinion the sounds they make are the creepiest ones out there. First you'll hear their moan and then those nasty metal dragging sounds while they're coming for you~

...And who wouldn't love that pretty smile? Tongue

~
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 10:16 PM by Carrna.)
01-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

(01-04-2012, 10:10 PM)Carrna Wrote: I'd say brute.

It's impossible to win them in running competition if there isn't any doors on the way. They can kill you in one hit if your health isn't maxed, and although it was you still couldn't run away from them. And in my opinion the sounds they make are the creepiest ones out there. First you'll hear their moan and then those nasty metal dragging sounds while they're coming for you~

...And who wouldn't love that pretty smile? Tongue
Of the Amnesia monsters, the Brute seems to be the easiest to make a Halloween costume, thanks to his smile Big Grin

The worm can't smile too well, but all it wants is to give you a nice 'big kiss' Tongue

The worm can kill you in one hit as well, the only reason it takes longer in Black Plague is because the Tuurngait Clarence is protecting you. In the worm's .ent file, his damage is 300.

While I do admit the worm doesn't have a creepy sound (making the Brute's walking a bit more nerve wracking), the worm can came without warning and shock you followed by terror as it moves slightly faster than you. I was disappointed that the Frictional Games people didn't use the worm more to scare the player like they did with the Brute in Amnesia (I admit, I was jumped more in Amnesia than Penumbra, but that's because they put unexpected events in Amnesia aka no warning when a scary or surprising moment is coming.)

I'd love for these two to meet. I don't think friendship would be on their minds though...

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM by The Rock Worm.)
01-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Find
Makoton Offline

Threads: 1

Dogs. I've always been deathly afraid of the damned things (in the games, that is) and they are the ones I have fondest memories - and nightmares - of. Call me biased since smile.dog creeps the shit out of me, but to be honest, the infected doggies just plain freaked me out in Overture and in death in Black Plague.
01-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-05-2012, 01:56 AM)Makoton Wrote: Dogs. I've always been deathly afraid of the damned things (in the games, that is) and they are the ones I have fondest memories - and nightmares - of. Call me biased since smile.dog creeps the shit out of me, but to be honest, the infected doggies just plain freaked me out in Overture and in death in Black Plague.
Especially when they howl or growl before you see them. Smile

01-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I picked "dogs" but where is the vote for the Hunter?? Sure, it was ditched, but my god, that thing scared the crap out of me... I feel like bringing it to life.
01-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-05-2012, 04:04 AM)Statyk Wrote: I picked "dogs" but where is the vote for the Hunter?? Sure, it was ditched, but my god, that thing scared the crap out of me... I feel like bringing it to life.
what or who is "Hunter"?
01-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Wasn't the hunter from the tech demo?

I picked the rock worm. That thing is huge! I died a few times during the chase sequence.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
01-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Find
Roy595 Offline

Threads: 0

Nothing quite has the same presence as the rockworm.
01-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-05-2012, 12:44 PM)Roy595 Wrote: Nothing quite has the same presence as the rockworm.
I agree totally Big Grin .
01-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Find