Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Black Plague Demo - Download Here!
TAM255 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo - Download Here!

jetuser Wrote:
TAM255 Wrote:
jetuser Wrote:okay grah im stuck in the freezer, i cant figure out what to do?

Spoiler below!

Your coin could be useful if you are thirsty.

haha duh i just figured that out, funnily enough i didnt use the coin to get the item i needed to fix the thermostat, i just bashed it with a rock lol

Bashed things with rock is not a bad idea. Wink
02-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Find
HiViH Offline

Threads: 6

Can someone make a demo speed run, or simply.. playing it from start to finish and recored ? P:

02-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Website Find
GFree Offline

Threads: 5

I had tried using the chair to add as some kind of electrical conduit between the fuse box and the barrel (ie. stick the chair in the fuse box, rest the legs on the top of the barrel). It worked, but now I understand I didn't need to go so far.

Also, I posted a method for getting the flashlight, but I suppose warping it in spoiler tags meant someone else got the credit. Such is my life it seems. Smile
02-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

There's lots of videos out there where they complete the demo! Smile

I think Grey gives up the searching too easily. Even if he sees you, and you just hide for couple of seconds so that he won't see you, he gives up.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2008, 11:14 AM by Ano.)
02-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Website Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

I have a problem with BP Demo - when I try to move some thing by Left Mouse, it's opening a window "Black Box" with text:

!!!GAME CRASHED!!! READ THIS:
The cause of yhe crush is probably one of the follows:
1.You do not have the latest drivers for your graphics card
2...........................................................sound card
3.You have made a setting that your computer dose not like.
To reset settings, go to My Documents/Penumbra Overture/ and delete settings.cfg in the correct episod folder.

Exception Reason
PenumbraDemo.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module PenumbraDemo.exe at 001B:004A3A6C

What should I do?
02-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Are you sure that you have the latest graphic card drivers and sound drivers?

Please, see This! There's same problem.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2008, 11:22 AM by Ano.)
02-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Website Find
Mr Jack Offline

One typo spotted. Tongue When you find the weird artefact, weird is typed wierd. Not a big deal though.
02-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Umbra: This is the same error that as Scraper poited you to. Simply make sure that Rotate is bind to a key. Rotate is most likey not set to a key because you set Crouch to C. See the link Scraper provided for more info.
02-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Find
Jackpot Offline

jens Wrote:Many puzzles have multiple solutions. But for some like the barrel there have been reasons for not having more solutions, in this case it was a technical problem that it would require new specific code and it would take too much time to do for only adding one more solution to a specific puzzle.

really? I thought it'd use the same object proximity code as the barrel does with the electricity box, or the fire does with the sprinklers. what I meant is I dropped the flare after lighting it, so it was treated as any other environmental object, before picking it up and trying to drop it in the barrel. I didn't mean it should be used whilst still holding it like a weapon in an fps.

on a separate note, is anyone finding that something weird happens the first time they crawl past the zombie on the table whilst in the vent? when I crawl past it the first time I get reset to just before the grating, so I have to go past the zombie again. it only happens the first time you enter the vent but it's occured on every playthrough. I assumed it was part of these hallucinatory affects i'd heard about, but now I'm thinking it might be a glitch.
02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

Thanks! It's all work now!
02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Find