Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Steam for Linux - Frictional in?
botulox Offline

Threads: 1
Steam for Linux - Frictional in?

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I had a question for the staff that probably many people would like to know the answer.

Has Valve contacted you about including the Linux versions of your games for the soon-to-be-released Steam Linux client? and if so (or not?), will current steam owners of any of the games have inmediate access to them once the client is released?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for making the best terror/horror game ever ^^.

PS: I assume that A Machine for Pigs will support Linux, and will be released after the Steam Linux Client, therefore I also assume that a Linux version is a given for steam users, it would be really nice of you to say if my assumptions are correct or not Wink
07-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Steam for Linux - Frictional in?

We have told them we think the Linux versions of our games should be on there as soon as it is possible. So if Valve can/wants to have the game on release it should be possible.
07-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

"Soon-to-be-released"? Where'd you get that information from?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Website Find
botulox Offline

Threads: 1

(07-30-2012, 07:37 AM)jens Wrote: We have told them we think the Linux versions of our games should be on there as soon as it is possible. So if Valve can/wants to have the game on release it should be possible.
That's cool! Thanks for the info ^^

(07-30-2012, 09:25 AM)Your Computer Wrote: "Soon-to-be-released"? Where'd you get that information from?
Valve themselves:
http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/linux/steamd-penguins/

They have stated multiple times that we will have the client before the year ends (I read somewhere something about september/october, but don't quote me on that).

Also, Gabe Newell recently said that he hated Windows 8 and wanted to make progress in other OS's. That can only mean good stuff.
07-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

It is indeed coming, however we're talking Valve time here, so expect atleast three years.
07-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Find