Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Jurassic Park and Frictional Games....
raptorhunter6 Offline

Threads: 4
Jurassic Park and Frictional Games....

So I was thinking, after the game company TellTale games made Jurassic Park the game, I was thinking a sequel would be good, but not on the same format as it is. That's why I was thinking, why not have Frictional Games acquire the rights to make a sequel. They already specialize on adding suspense and terror in their games, wouldn't it be awesome to have that suspense carried out in form of a Velociraptor stalking through the shadows as you traverse the buildings or woods. They could use the HPL2 engine or a higher modification for it and make the gameplay equal to Amnesia/Penumbra except for the usual minor changes or so. They could also add things like seen in the movie which would work great with this style such as having to pull the lever up 4 times to pump it up then access the other controls along with other puzzles that I think would work great for a Jurassic Park game. i know it is asking a lot, but it was just a great idea that I had that I think Frictional Games could manage just as how they made Amnesia and Penumbra games so good. Just a thought.
08-27-2012, 02:37 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
RE: Jurassic Park and Frictional Games....

I had this same idea a while ago, just not as a sequel to TellTale Games's jurassic park game.

I was thinking the gameplay could be like that old game called Jurassic Park Trespasser, since in that game you hold stuff with one hand, like guns, items, etc.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
08-27-2012, 03:00 AM
Find
raptorhunter6 Offline

Threads: 4

Yeah that too it could work as a remake or sequel to Tresspasser, but I was thinking that something that would feed the true nature of the movies, like not a shooter game that makes you want to shoot all the dinosaurs, more like something of Amnesia, you are prey and must figure out a way to survive and simultaneously shows the dinosaurs not as monsters but a big part of the world, a world which you (the player) are prey.
08-27-2012, 03:29 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

It would be interesting, sure, but personally I'd prefer Frictional to use their abilities to create unique and entirely new game worlds. It would feel like a waste of talent to me if they'd simply be tasked with giving a new spin to an established franchise. Besides, they probably don't have enough money to buy the rights entirely so they would be dependend on whoever is holding the rights and wouldn't have the creative freedom to make the game as they see fit.
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Find