Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeze
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Freeze

I am quite baffled by this.

A couple days ago, I was testing out my livestream on a variety of games, and I opened up Amnesia. I clicked on the custom story, and everything worked fine, the story loaded, I played, when something weird happened.

I went into a room, in which I had been in before, and was looking around for an item to pick up (mostly oil), when my entire computer locked up. I was pretty confused and thought it was just my game freezing, until my screen went black. I panicked and clicked CTRL+ALT+DEL, and my screen reappeared, and it took me to the little window that it takes you to when you click that combination of buttons, and I clicked Cancel. I was able to use my computer then, and my mouse went out of my screen and I could click Firefox and my livestreaming program alright, but Amnesia was just a white window, and when I clicked on it, it told me that Amnesia.exe has stopped responding. I closed the program, and everything worked normally, but I noticed my Skype background, instead of being the navy blue it should be when you are in a call, was grey.

My friend had told me it happened to him on his old PC, and it was a graphics card issue, but I don't think that is the case, as my PC is a little more than 2 months old, and all the parts are brand new.

If anyone could give me some insight on why this may have happened, I would love to hear it.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
AMD Radeon HD 6670 (AMD Catalyst 12.6)
AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.2GHz Triple Core
4GB RAM

If you need any other info, feel free to ask. Thanks guys ^^

(I am also going to bed at the time of posting this, so I won't be able to give anything else until tomorrow late in the evening)

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 05:39 AM by RawkBandMan.)
10-03-2012, 05:29 AM
Find
DragonFly64 Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Freeze

That's strange. I just recently bought the game, and I've been getting the same crash over and over in the same room- In the early Archives. I've a Graphics Card very similar to yours, and whenever the crash happens, my computer tells me that my graphics software whatever crashed, then recovered, and I have to close and open my browser windows for things like flash to work (I always seem to have some YouTube videos open Tongue) and Amnesia is a white screen that wont open, close, or generally work. I'm not sure if I can even progress anymore.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012, 12:34 PM by plutomaniac.)
10-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Try disabling Windows Aero if you haven't done so yet. I think the AMD drivers are still a little buggy, so try downgrading if disabling Windows Aero doesn't help.

Just right click on the desktop, click Personalize, then just select anything that doesn't belong to the "Windows Aero" part.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Website Find
KingWolf Offline

Threads: 2

Seems like the driver issue I heard of. Definitely try what Robby posted. It worked for others.

Helping "Nemet Robert " with his unofficial map.
10-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(10-07-2012, 07:58 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Try disabling Windows Aero if you haven't done so yet. I think the AMD drivers are still a little buggy, so try downgrading if disabling Windows Aero doesn't help.

Just right click on the desktop, click Personalize, then just select anything that doesn't belong to the "Windows Aero" part.

I think we can count Aero out, because when XSplit is open, Aero disables itself for some odd reason.

If the problem happens again, which it has seemed to only do when I use XSplit, I'll try downgrading my video card drivers.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
10-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Find