Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture crashes on startup (+ display problems with other games)
mouffy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Overture crashes on startup (+ display problems with other games)

I just bought the series on Steam but Overture crashes just after I open it, goes black and then the resolution changes briefly and crashes to desktop. I tried deleting local back up, re installing, but it doesn't work.

Also, Black Prague and Requiem games do startup but the screen becomes all blue (but I can still see the menus). Same thing also with Amnesia...

I have a Macbook Pro 15' (early 2011) and I run Mac OS X 10.8.2.

I would like to be able to play my games... Is there a solution?
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 02:31 AM by mouffy.)
11-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Overture crashes on startup (+ display problems with other games)

Try turning off/down graphics options to lowest, then gradually increase them until getting the effect again, then you know what is causing it. The proböems are lilely due to running rhe game on a computer with integrated intel graphics which is not supported.
11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Website Find
mouffy Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Overture crashes on startup (+ display problems with other games)

I've figured out how to play all the games except for Overture that still crashes on startup.

By the way, my graphic card is an AMD Radeon HD 6750M (1024mb).
11-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Try a verify game cache on the game in steam and see if that helps. If not, post the hpl.log from ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Penumbra/ or possible it is in ~/Library/Preferences/Frictional Games/Penumbra/
11-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Website Find
mouffy Offline

Weird! I just installed the new update of Steam for mac that was released today... and the game now work seamlessly!

Thank you very much for all your help!
11-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Find