Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amabel? (spoiler + analysis)
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Amabel? (spoiler + analysis)

Penumbra Wrote:Yeah, thats a fluke in the story line. Just like the tape recoder earlyer in the game, why would the zombie take the tape out of the recoder and put it into the locker after he killed the guy?

I asked that somewhere in this forum when the demo just came out. Someone claimed it may just be one of those puzzle things that you'd do throughout the game, but as we see now, that's not the case.
I couldn't figure out how the tape got in there. I'm sure it's on everyones mind; at least mine.
04-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2009

None of the things mentioned in this thread are flukes or whatever.
The Red this is because:
Spoiler below!
I don't get where you want him to go, but here goes:
If you mean he should go back to the Shelter, why would he? He escaped there because he didn't like them and if he returned he would likely be locked in or had his human side killed off.
If you mean he should go to Philip, why would he do that? He wants to die, not get saved.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
04-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

Penumbra Wrote:Yeah, thats a fluke in the story line. Just like the tape recoder earlyer in the game, why would the zombie take the tape out of the recoder and put it into the locker after he killed the guy?

Yeah. I smiled at that little plot hole too... :-) But who knows - maybe the Infected love tidying old cassetes... :-DD Well, it would have been more natural, if the cassete was lying on the floor, or just thrown under the table with the recorder...

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
04-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Petike Wrote:

Yeah. I smiled at that little plot hole too... :-) But who knows - maybe the Infected love tidying old cassetes... :-DD Well, it would have been more natural, if the cassete was lying on the floor, or just thrown under the table with the recorder...
Seriously? Just throwing it on the floor right in front of the casette player? I'd eat it if I was a zombie, eat it or hide it in a closet nearby.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
04-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

Kedjane Wrote:
Petike Wrote:

Seriously? Just throwing it on the floor right in front of the casette player? I'd eat it if I was a zombie, eat it or hide it in a closet nearby.

I meant to say, that the researcher of the AEC, Carpenter (or what that geezer's name was anyway), would have droped it on the floor, when the "zombie" attacked him (..."no, please - please ! Noooooooooo..."). You get the idea... ;-)

P.S. I sometimes speculate, if the zombie in the hallway wasn't Carpenter himself... :-P

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
04-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Petike Wrote:
Kedjane Wrote:
Petike Wrote:
Penumbra Wrote:[lots of stuff said by the people mentioned above]
Maybe Carpenter was attacked by the Tuurngait, the Tuurngait left, and he barely managed to hide the cassette in the closet before the infection took over.

As for Amabel, the injuried Philip experiences might just be imaginary. Even hallucinations can cause deadly shocks.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2008, 01:49 AM by klutzon.)
04-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Find
Trueblue1878 Offline

Threads: 2

sorry to dig up an old thread but just got the keycard and opened up the room to amabel and what a disappointment.. I knew she would be dead or something.. I thought it would have been good to have a sidekick in the game and some dialogue to look forward to at the end of each task from Amabel but nooo Frictional had to kill her off..
I think it would have been fun to keep her alive and work together to get out of the place alive. Course I can't say that would be better because I haven't completed the game yet but I expect its just gunna end boringly like Amnesia.

Hope I am wrong but it just seems to be Frictionals style to end games like a Steven King novel.
02-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

(04-02-2008, 08:32 PM)Penumbra Wrote: Yeah, not to menchon the other fluke of the scientist leaving full boxes of Tasty Flakes laying around. I mean, how could someone just waist such a good cerial? Then again, I guess that could be how Red stayed alive for so long.

Nah bro. Red manned up and ate spiders or mice in motor oil Big Grin

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
03-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Find
thepaleking Offline

Threads: 1

It could be that she was in fact a Tuurngait, but in order to further destroy your brain Clarence forces you to hallucinate Amabel's uninfected body.

It can be assumed that just about everyone in the facility was infected by the time they made that run for the surface, and Amabel's infection could have been similar to Philips in how it only gained control over smaller parts of the brain, rather than drive her completely wacko. While Philip was searching for the key card the infection could have simply overtaken her.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2011, 02:53 AM by thepaleking.)
03-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Or Clarence was faking the messages from her too. But probably not. Anyway I subscribe to the logical theory that she was a tuurngait and Clarence made it appear as if you killed an uninfected person.

You monster.
03-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Find