Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange glitch. Help needed.
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
Strange glitch. Help needed.

How could it be that ingame (!!!) everything is fine. But when I am trying to load .map in LevelEditor it "couldn't create ...bla-bla-bla" and destroys custom models and even simply textures. I am placing them again and everything is fine! I am working, saving map and exiting LevelEditor. Everything's cool when I try to play that map ingame. But once I try to open same map at the LevelEditor there's an ERROR once again. It's crazy.

Here's HPL log excerption:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Loading file D:/Games/AMNESIA The Dark Descent/custom_stories/the_prison/maps/prison_1st_floor.map

ERROR: Couldn't create material 'D:/Games/AMNESIA The Dark Descent/custom_stories/the_prison/textures/skies_night.mat'
ERROR: Could not load XML document ''
Failed loading entity of type Entity named ceiling_open_window_with_bars_1 with ID 483

// Loaded successfully

There's nothing really exclusive. Just a simplest primitive-plane with custom night sky texture. Everything seems to be fine with .mat file. At least it ain't the first texture I am making for HPL2 and everything've been smooth until now. And a tweaked ceiling-window model with metal bars and no glass, so you could observe night sky. Same with modeling and exporting, I have been already making in Maya quite a lot of models especially for HPL2 and exporting, already have been making statics and dynamic entities at ModelEditor with complicated bodies-shapes and everything was fine, but now... WTF O_o

Maybe something wrong with my new comp? And new HPL2Editors installation? Maybe it doesn't work properly on Win 7 64-bit? I don't know what to think. I need some advice which direction should I look in to solve the problem.

Ingame it looks fine, here're some screenshots:
[Image: 30b3eq9.jpg] [Image: 9qkc3q.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013, 05:36 PM by Alex Ros.)
06-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Website Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Strange glitch. Help needed.

If you've transferred the project from one computer to another, it might be that you didn't add those files back into the main amnesia folders - the level editor may not be setup to load files from a custom story, but the game itself will.

Try copying 'skies_night.mat' into 'amnesia the dark descent\textures'

06-15-2013, 02:21 AM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

DELETE ME
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013, 02:20 PM by Alex Ros.)
06-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Website Find
Alex Ros Offline

Yeah, thanks it did work out! Once I copyed textures into the usual original Amnesia folder - LevelEditor found them easily, no errors. Thank you very much, because I was confused a lot.

Oh well, I have edited resources.cfg at the main Amnesia folder, added custom_stories directory line and it was that. Now everything works just it has been working all the time on old comp. I mean I have added that line into original Amnesia resources.cfg file:
Quote:<Resources>
<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" />
<Directory Path="/fonts" AddSubDirs="false" />
<Directory Path="/maps" AddSubDirs="true" />
<Directory Path="/textures" AddSubDirs="true" />
... bla-bla-bla
</Resources>
But could anyone, please, check out is there a custom_stories directory line in the resources.cfg at the main Amnesia folder originnally, without any tweakings? Because I do not want to distribute my Custom Storie with tweaked original Amnesia resources.cfg file, it's surely no good.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013, 02:25 PM by Alex Ros.)
06-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(06-15-2013, 02:20 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: Yeah, thanks it did work out! Once I copyed textures into the usual original Amnesia folder - LevelEditor found them easily, no errors. Thank you very much, because I was confused a lot.

Oh well, I have edited resources.cfg at the main Amnesia folder, added custom_stories directory line and it was that. Now everything works just it has been working all the time on old comp. I mean I have added that line into original Amnesia resources.cfg file:
Quote:<Resources>
<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" />
<Directory Path="/fonts" AddSubDirs="false" />
<Directory Path="/maps" AddSubDirs="true" />
<Directory Path="/textures" AddSubDirs="true" />
... bla-bla-bla
</Resources>
But could anyone, please, check out is there a custom_stories directory line in the resources.cfg at the main Amnesia folder originnally, without any tweakings? Because I do not want to distribute my Custom Storie with tweaked original Amnesia resources.cfg file, it's surely no good.

Not at all.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

(06-15-2013, 03:10 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
Quote:...But could anyone, please, check out is there a custom_stories directory line in the resources.cfg at the main Amnesia folder originnally, without any tweakings? Because I do not want to distribute my Custom Storie with tweaked original Amnesia resources.cfg file, it's surely no good...
Not at all.
Shit. That's what I've been afraid of... I am confused once again. Now with the tweaked original Amnesia resources.cfg file everything works just fine. But would my tiny Custom Storie, when it'll be done, be playable to other people? O.o Surely, the easiest way to check that out is to send one of the maps of my Custom Storie to someone, but... well, looks like that's the only way to be sure. Thanks to everybody for help, support and understanding.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013, 04:45 PM by Alex Ros.)
06-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Website Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Quote:How could it be that ingame (!!!) everything is fine. But when I am
trying to load .map in LevelEditor it "couldn't create ...bla-bla-bla"
If that is still true, then you shouldn't have to worry - before you made any changes to your resource.cfg, you said that when actually playing the CS everything worked as intended, it's just the level editor that didn't read in the content.

If your still worried, I recommend you send your CS to someone to try loading it without any changes to any .cfg's

06-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Find