Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thoughts on Last of Us
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Thoughts on Last of Us

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.se/2013/...of-us.html

On The Last of Us, story layers and the history of action games.
07-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Thoughts on Last of Us

Good article as usual. Brought up a lot of points that needed to be made.

I think Naughty Dog nailed it with this game. Yes combat played a big role in getting the narrative to move onward and I agree, recently games seem to be just that. Action sells, and in the unoriginal world the game is set in it was unavoidable. The combat was pretty fun too.

The notes in the sewers (Ish's story) was one of my favourite elements of the game.

I have to be honest, I could have been half as impressed with the game and loved it because great games like this don't come out often. But thats just my perspective. I love a good storyline driven game, a lot of people sadly don't even pay attention to it and skip cutscenes in games and avoid reading notes etc.

One final unrelated thing, its really sad a lot of Xbox owners won't be able to experience this game.

[Image: luv.gif]
07-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Whenever I read those entries, I feel as if I've been given access to an invaluable resource in the gaming world. As always, great job.
07-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

Oh, Blogger doesn'y allow normal links so I'll repost that here...

1. [Image: anon36.png]Anonymous5 July 2013 21:28 Have you, Thomas, played any of Thief game? Because as for me personally that's the best example of how to properly balance between game and storytelling. It's nearly an alive universe, exclusively immersive one, extremely detailed. I am just really curious what do you think about Thief thrilogy... well, if you played any of Thief games.
  2. [Image: thomas01_small2.jpg]Thomas5 July 2013 13:56 Played it a bit, but not really thought about it enough to give some summary here. There are elements that I like though, like how you listen in on conversations. A feature that is The Last of Us too.
  3. [Image: anon36.png]Anonymous5 July 2013 21:28 As a horror games (mainly) studio owner (one of) it would be quite wise for you to test out one single Thief Deadly Shadows level, because objectively it's one of the scariest game-in-game of all times. I am not a fan of Thief, nope. Here's a PC Gamer review of that one single level, but extremely big, lasting for 4-5 hours http://gillen.cream.org/thecradle.pdf
07-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Website Find
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2

Thomas, what does/did your father think of Amnesia? Big Grin

Great post as well, loved the game.
07-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Find