Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
The Raining Brains Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*

At this rate, he'll be burning his way through the game faster than the developers themselves.
08-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Find
Eyelander Offline

Threads: 0

He just uploaded part of of the Machine for pigs walk through. So yes it has already begun
08-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Threads: 1

I'm a sad little piggy because nobody took my teaser hook Sad

This already is a spoiler thread but don't open this unless you want to read stuff from the video:

Spoiler below!

The sentence I was refering to was "random shit".

precious eagle cactus fruit is far from random shit. It's the sacrificial heart taken from the chest in a ritual.

"Heart sacrifice was the most common method used by the Aztecs, and was also used among several other cultures of Mesoamerica. The heart was seen as the divine vessel of a person's teyolia. As such, it was the most precious thing that could be given to the gods, the most nourishing food of the gods. In sacrificing a person's heart, the god being sacrificed to was given the most potent energies of life and the soul. This gift helped to further empower the gods."

Also. You can see that an owl is following the player.

Mictlantecuhtli in Aztec mythology, was a god of the dead and the king of Mictlan (Chicunauhmictlan), the lowest and northernmost section of the underworld. He was one of the principal gods of the Aztecs and was the most prominent of several gods and goddesses of death and the underworld. The worship of Mictlantecuhtli sometimes involved ritual cannibalism, with human flesh being consumed in and around the temple.

Aztec associated owls with death, so Mictlantecuhtli is often depicted wearing owl feathers in his headdress. Mictlantecuhtli is God of: Death South Owls Spiders Dogs (because Aztecs believed that dogs accompanied souls to the underworld). (Lots of dog paintings)

I originally thought the game will include the Mayans as they are an older culture, but Aztecs really took the sacrifice stuff to whole new levels. There is a ton of other interesting things but I'll return to that later.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 09:38 PM by Peci.)
08-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(08-29-2013, 09:17 PM)Zandrojakov Wrote:
(08-29-2013, 09:12 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote:
(08-29-2013, 07:37 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Wow he really rushed through it and missed a lot. I advice against watching it folks Smile

Were you expecting PewDiePie to get immersed in the game world instead of just running from scare to scare so he can make funny noises and reactions? Have you ever watched a PewDiePie video before? u __u

This.. is true

(08-29-2013, 07:37 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Wow he really rushed through it and missed a lot. I advice against watching it folks Smile

Why... the FG community do not like this man...

A man who wants to ruin this forum for his bros.
08-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-29-2013, 09:39 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: A man who wants to ruin this forum for his bros.

Seriously though, I do not see the legitimacy behind this statement. While I can understand that some people may not like Pewdie as well as FG's descision in this, how is any of this affecting anything on the forums, or our community/demographic of AMFP players in general?

Let's say we all hate the video. No one here will watch them. His fans do. They will go watch the video. How does their watching of a video, and your not watching of a video affect anything? I don't really think it does. Likely for most of us as well as myself we'll just not watch the video until AMFP actually comes out, because we want to experience it for ourselves. Our experiences, Pewdie's experiences, and that of his fans will be completely separate ones, and unless you let yourself go do it, these experiences will not likely affect your playthrough of the game.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(08-29-2013, 09:35 PM)Peci Wrote: I'm a sad little piggy because nobody took my teaser hook Sad

This already is a spoiler thread but don't open this unless you want to read stuff from the video:

Spoiler below!

precious eagle cactus fruit is far from random shit. It's the sacrificial heart taken from the chest in a ritual.

"Heart sacrifice was the most common method used by the Aztecs, and was also used among several other cultures of Mesoamerica. The heart was seen as the divine vessel of a person's teyolia. As such, it was the most precious thing that could be given to the gods, the most nourishing food of the gods. In sacrificing a person's heart, the god being sacrificed to was given the most potent energies of life and the soul. This gift helped to further empower the gods."

Mictlantecuhtli in Aztec mythology, was a god of the dead and the king of Mictlan (Chicunauhmictlan), the lowest and northernmost section of the underworld. He was one of the principal gods of the Aztecs and was the most prominent of several gods and goddesses of death and the underworld. The worship of Mictlantecuhtli sometimes involved ritual cannibalism, with human flesh being consumed in and around the temple.

Aztec associated owls with death, so Mictlantecuhtli is often depicted wearing owl feathers in his headdress. Mictlantecuhtli is God of: Death South Owls Spiders Dogs (because Aztecs believed that dogs accompanied souls to the underworld). (Lots of dog paintings)

I originally thought the game will include the Mayans as they are an older culture, but Aztecs really took the sacrifice stuff to whole new levels. There is a ton of other interesting things but I'll return to that later.

You sir, are what makes gaming communities great and are the reason I do and will continue to make games.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
08-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(08-29-2013, 09:46 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote:
(08-29-2013, 09:35 PM)Peci Wrote: I'm a sad little piggy because nobody took my teaser hook Sad

Spoiler below!

You sir, are what makes gaming communities great and are the reason I do and will continue to make games.

Yes his theorycrafting is awesome.
08-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-29-2013, 09:46 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: You sir, are what makes gaming communities great and are the reason I do and will continue to make games.

Now I really want to know what was written in that spoiler box Sad

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Threads: 1

(08-29-2013, 09:46 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote:

Spoiler below!

I'm honored. Honestly. I'm shivering Smile
08-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

It just shows how great communities like this are at actually involving themselves in the plot and going beyond what's presented at face value. It's someone's take on something that was said in the video. Just wait a couple more weeks guys, it will be worth it :-)

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
08-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Find