Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What would you rate AMFP out of 10?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1-2
6.99%
20 6.99%
3-4
10.14%
29 10.14%
5-6
22.38%
64 22.38%
7-8
33.57%
96 33.57%
9-10
26.92%
77 26.92%
Total 286 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
AMFP Member Review Thread
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
AMFP Member Review Thread

Alrighty, the game is out now, and I've already played a few hours of it. BUT I'm jumping out of the game just for you lot to hurry up, and create this thread like I promised!

The thread is for members of the forums who wish to post their own reviews of the game, and what they liked/disliked about it. More comprehensive the better, although there is no limit to how much you can write, or how little Smile

If all else fails, and you suck at writing out reviews just vote in the poll above what you would score the game.

Remember to use spoiler tags!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 02:17 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Find
Juri Offline

Threads: 1
RE: AMFP Member Review Thread

The game is not bad, but its not great either. It have nice atmosphere and story, but rest is a such of crap. Why our lantern is never ending ? Why there are no equipment ? Why no logical missions like in TDD? Why you cant move so much objects like in TDD ? Only story and atmosphere are on the same lvl or a little better and of course graphicis, oh and sound, music is really nice. But this game is just simplified and its waste of money, 20$/16E is just too much ! 10$/8E will be nice, it's short and just much worse than TDD, Outlast have the same problems as MFP, Outlast have better graphics and scary, but have no story and gameplay, MFP have nice graphics, story but less scary and no gameplay.... if you want really great game just play in old TDD, it's have everything, for me:

Amnesia MFP : 5/10
Amnesia TDD : 9/10
09-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Find
Cladriah Offline

Threads: 0

Good:

New things for the custom story maker if they import
It was horrible, terrible and quite horrifying in the good sense.

The bad:
Story was way too predictable.
Spoiler below!
Oh, come on, I knew the kids were deadwhen they vanished into thin air.
too short
compared to it's predecessor
Too simplified, and less interactivity.

Final verdict: I cannot in clear conscience say this was a bad game, but I cannot say it was great. It was good, but borderline on okay game. I will continue playing amnesia games, I trust the people at frictional games.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 11:09 AM by Cladriah.)
09-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Find
emd Offline

(09-10-2013, 10:28 AM)Juri Wrote: The game is not bad, but its not great either. It have nice atmosphere and story, but rest is a such of crap. Why our lantern is never ending ? Why there are no equipment ? Why no logical missions like in TDD? Why you cant move so much objects like in TDD ? Only story and atmosphere are on the same lvl or a little better and of course graphicis, oh and sound, music is really nice. But this game is just simplified and its waste of money, 20$/16E is just too much ! 10$/8E will be nice, it's short and just much worse than TDD, Outlast have the same problems as MFP, Outlast have better graphics and scary, but have no story and gameplay, MFP have nice graphics, story but less scary and no gameplay.... if you want really great game just play in old TDD, it's have everything, for me:

According to steam you've only played 1.4 hours (yes I saw the steam topic as well). So how do you have a feeling for length (apart from what you may have read)?

My thoughts:
I really like the changes TCR made (lantern, open map) and really enjoy the constant dread. I'm back and forth on lack of an inventory but that's no deal breaker for me. I also *really* like how the game moves me along without shoving objectives in my face - very nice for immersion!
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 10:53 AM by emd.)
09-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Find
Juri Offline

(09-10-2013, 10:47 AM)emd Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 10:28 AM)Juri Wrote: The game is not bad, but its not great either. It have nice atmosphere and story, but rest is a such of crap. Why our lantern is never ending ? Why there are no equipment ? Why no logical missions like in TDD? Why you cant move so much objects like in TDD ? Only story and atmosphere are on the same lvl or a little better and of course graphicis, oh and sound, music is really nice. But this game is just simplified and its waste of money, 20$/16E is just too much ! 10$/8E will be nice, it's short and just much worse than TDD, Outlast have the same problems as MFP, Outlast have better graphics and scary, but have no story and gameplay, MFP have nice graphics, story but less scary and no gameplay.... if you want really great game just play in old TDD, it's have everything, for me:

According to steam you've only played 1.4 hours. So how do you have a feeling for length (apart from what you may have read)?

Cuz i already read so much notes that this game is 4-5 hours, TDD was 8-10 hours...
09-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Find
Phobos Offline

Disappointing

TDD was much better in both playing and storytelling.

AMFP fails because of these reasons:

No terror meter.

No Inventory (inventory forces you to think and combine items to complete tasks).

The monsters or the pig men if you like wasn't scary, yea they was unsettling but not the stuff of nightmares like the Grunt and the Brute. The yellow horrifying eyes of the Grunt and the haunting echo of the Brute surpasses the pig monsters in all areas in being scary.

Many plot holes and unexplained things, two notes mentions brenneburg and one note metions the orb but thats it? That doesn't make it a indirect sequel, not at all. Hard to belive this was happening in the same universe, honestly just thinking of that destroys that awesome feeling surrounding TDD and its mytical tale of other dimensions and inhuman beings.

The attack on London could have been done better (more corpses, stop spawning naked corpes... (wtf?) more people).

The atmosphere was bad...yea Iam saying it because in TDD you were ALONE in a ancient castle in the middle of the woods far away from any help at all. In AMFP you run around in London and its underparts , it didnt make me feel like i could relate to the place like TDD did, we are all afraid of haunted castles in the woods, not the streets of London.

To short, did it in under 4 hours and no I didn't rush it.

This would have been much better if FG did it without The Chinese Room...sorry but thats the truth.

I will see AMFP as non-canon so It dont destroy that awesome feeling TDD had.

Sorry for bad english.
09-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Find
Pzychobitch Offline

Oh guys wtf happend?!

I loved your previous games (the whole Penumbra series and A:TDD) but THIS is just unsatisfying! Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is WAY too short for 16€. And no Custom Story support? This feature was a big deal for A:TDD!

Really guys, I never would have thought of this, but I really feel betrayed by u. I want my money back ...

A:AMFP does not deserve the titel "Amnesia" an is just very very bad reputation for Frictional Games. Sorry to say that but it´s true...
09-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Find
Dpx008 Offline

I only played an hour so far, and I must say that the ambience is REALLY scary, but that's about it. I can't say anything about the rest of the game because I gotta go to school and to work, so I'll probably write my little review tomorrow or later.
09-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Find
Najtnub Offline

Ok so the posts in this thread do not reflect the review score members of this forum is giving the game it seems. Check the results of the poll, 40-50% of the reviews give the game 9-10. I guess unsatisfied customers are louder and more keen on getting their opinion out there. I'll get time to play some AMFP later this evening and will be sure to post my thoughts right after.
09-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Find
GOAT Offline

After playing 2 hours of it; I must say the ambience is ok but the game is vastly pathetic in comparison to TDD. Kinda feel swindled of 20 bucks not really worth the price but eh I'll finish the predictable story..
09-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Find