Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amnesia A Machine For Pigs - What was your favorite part?
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia A Machine For Pigs - What was your favorite part?

(09-12-2013, 10:11 PM)Pork Wrote: The end credits.

But the very beginning was decent enough, too.
I knew some smartass was going to say that sooner or later.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
09-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

(09-12-2013, 11:15 PM)frictionalfan Wrote: More specifically there was an area of the sewage level where you're walking across a catwalk and I remember seeing a red-ish fog as I approached a paralleling catwalk which then faded. A few seconds later I was climbing a ladder and I saw a quick flash of something directly in front of me and heard a sharp piano note.

I haven't been able to explain that; did you guys notice it too?

Those parts stuck out to me as well! I took a peek in that map with the level editor and it just turned out to be a pig mask appearing and disappearing in an instant. Caught me off guard for sure.

09-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Find
frictionalfan Offline

Threads: 2

(09-12-2013, 11:18 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 11:15 PM)frictionalfan Wrote: More specifically there was an area of the sewage level where you're walking across a catwalk and I remember seeing a red-ish fog as I approached a paralleling catwalk which then faded. A few seconds later I was climbing a ladder and I saw a quick flash of something directly in front of me and heard a sharp piano note.

I haven't been able to explain that; did you guys notice it too?

I only played through the game once so far, and noticed that only the half split second it appeared.

I think it looked like a pig monster.

I thought it was a hand that was gonna snag me! Probably just for thrills and not noteworthy
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 09:07 PM by frictionalfan.)
09-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

My absolute favorite part was the descent under the church. It was the first time in the game that you found yourself in total, pitch black darkness, which forced you to use your lantern. Without TDD's nightvision, it felt much more realistic, and the chills I got from this sudden transition were great. Smile

^(;,;)^
09-13-2013, 01:05 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I just finished playing the game and I must say my favorite part has to be where the manpigs are all acting human and childish. I adored the part with that one pig in the cells trying to stack alphabet blocks on top of each other.

Also, I liked the fact that the machine knew about the Battle of the Somme in World War I, and lastly I liked the bit where the machine was just fully activated and your outside and it starts to sound like the beginning of the Blitz. Bunch of people running around and a guy with a suit taking cover.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
09-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Find
LarryV Offline

Threads: 1

The Sewers, the Sea of Blood to the Temple and the Cell room for the Manpigs.

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
09-13-2013, 01:43 AM
Find
VirtuallyJesse Offline

Threads: 0

The ending by far is the most memorable. The visuals, the music, the monologue, the grand scope of it all. And let us not forget when the Manpigs were unleashed into the streets, that was fairly entertaining.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 01:54 AM by VirtuallyJesse.)
09-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

The last scene, when you walk straight to the machine core.
It was so beatiful to me. By far the best part for me.

I was getting bored at the end, the game was getting unnecessary long and repetitive.
I just wanted it to end, it was 3 long hours already.

And then the end surprised me. The voice acting was amazingly good.

The level design overall was amazing too, i spent most of the time looking at it, every corner, walls connections, every new model, like a new car you are about to buy. And i liked it all.
It was more an experience of discovering and appreciation for me than solving puzzles cause puzzles had absolutely no challenge. But i was good cause it helps you to focus on the other aspects of the game instead. 10/10 game for me.

09-13-2013, 04:46 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(09-13-2013, 04:46 AM)Amn Wrote: The last scene, when you walk straight to the machine core.
It was so beatiful to me. By far the best part for me.

I was getting bored at the end, the game was getting unnecessary long and repetitive.
I just wanted it to end, it was 3 long hours already.

And then the end surprised me. The voice acting was amazingly good.

The level design overall was amazing too, i spent most of the time looking at it, every corner, walls connections, every new model, like a new car you are about to buy. And i liked it all.
It was more an experience of discovering and appreciation for me than solving puzzles cause puzzles had absolutely no challenge. But i was good cause it helps you to focus on the other aspects of the game instead. 10/10 game for me.

Too long? You'd love The Dark Descent.
09-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Find
Xenomorph Offline

Threads: 1

The pig sewers were great. My most memorable scene is the balcony over seeing the (human) food table. You see a pig brute for the first time hitting one of the crawling lessers. It was interesting seeing all the pigs in the cells and the whole experience.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 07:32 AM by Xenomorph.)
09-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Find