Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
HELP TEST AAMFP 1.02 PATCH
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7
RE: HELP TEST AAMFP 1.02 PATCH

Ok here are two things that could quickly be fixed:

The pig mask on the seat of the truck near the church floats in the air.

In the workshop of the church, if you move some objects off the shelf (for example using the candlestick to push them), they will then disappear when you focus on them with your lantern, probably better to keep them static... (no screenshot for the disappearance this time, I missed the shot and too lazy to relaunch the game and get to that place again; was painful enough ^_^).
09-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

The launcher still seems to use SDL 1.2. Can you update it to SDL 2 like aamfp.exe so it fixes the problem I described here?

(09-27-2013, 01:10 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: - Even with ColorGrading on, the first time I run the game blue haze is not there. If I Save & Exit and then Continue, it appears. After that, I can confirm that the setting to disable it works.
Yes I can confirm this. Deactivating and activating it again and then entering a new level applies the setting too.
09-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Jens, I played the game to the sewer now with patch 1.02 and doesn't notice new bugs, except the things I posted on first page.

But I also doesn't notice any of the "tweaks" and "fixes" you did in all levels.
Can you please explain more about this point?
The game feels like I would play version 1.0, I doesn't find any changes in the levels.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 04:29 PM by Googolplex.)
09-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

At the Sewers' level, inside the decontamination chamber, I noticed that there is no fan below me, although I can hear the sound of the fan blades rotating.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.90 GHz
RAM: 4 GB (3,12 GB usable)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4200

Screenshot:

Spoiler below!
[Image: w22u.png]

09-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(09-29-2013, 09:05 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: At the Sewers' level, inside the decontamination chamber, I noticed that there is no fan below me, although I can hear the sound of the fan blades rotating.

I have reported this some times now, first at the stutter thread and now this one. It can also be found at reply #2. Wink It's good that you verified it's still there though since I haven't found the time to test it yet by replaying the game.

EDIT: Did I remove that from #2 accidentally? Weird. Either way, added now! Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 10:19 PM by plutomaniac.)
09-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

(09-29-2013, 10:03 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: I have reported this some times now, first at the stutter thread and now this one. It can also be found at reply #2. Wink It's good that you verified it's still there though since I haven't found the time to test it yet by replaying the game.

EDIT: Did I remove that from #2 accidentally? Weird. Either way, added now! Smile

Indeed, Tech Master! I did carefully inspect all previous posts before posting, and I found absolutely no evidence of that bug being reported. Tongue

By the way, is it just me or there must be some sort of mistake on the dates of Edwin and Enoch's diary pages? Because, from what I understood of the story by reading Oswald's diary pages...

Spoiler below!
there's no way the children could be alive in October 1899.

09-30-2013, 02:03 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(09-30-2013, 02:03 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: By the way, is it just me or there must be some sort of mistake on the dates of Edwin and Enoch's diary pages?

Can you elaborate on that? Blush
09-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

(09-30-2013, 02:38 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 02:03 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: By the way, is it just me or there must be some sort of mistake on the dates of Edwin and Enoch's diary pages?

Can you elaborate on that? Blush

Sure. Smile

From what I understand of the story,
Spoiler below!
the children died in February 1899, because that's when Mandus did the expedition to Mexico with them. See the diary pages below.

Spoiler below!
February 14th 1899

Yes, he said, I know these ruins.

He was a shabby fellow, all rotten with some malodorous disease. I caught him looking at me strangely, as if what he really wanted to know was how I knew of them. Biting back the temptation to box his ears for the impudence, I simply smiled and told him that my family's library contained intriguing travel books. The illiterate oaf did not understand that of course. He agreed to lead us anyway.

I have told the children, truly, this will be an extraordinary adventure. If those old stones hold the financial benefits I predict, it will be merely the first of many.

February 17th 1899

And I said, look, my darlings, can you see it? And they said Yes, Daddy, Yes, we see it. A tall, weathered cap of a steep sided pyramid, so like those of Eygpt. Stone falling away from the summit, vines crawling about intertwining the stucco serpents that thrive about the steps. A palpable sense of stillness, a weight of forgotten. And this, here, this is where the king sat. And this is where the priests lived. This house, this is the house of the dead. And here, where the sun strikes, this is where they threw the hearts that were not consumed.

No, my darlings, they most certainly were not savages. You see, they believed that the sky could fall on their heads and they truly, truly believed that offering blood was the only way of stopping this from happening.

Perhaps, my darling. Perhaps they were mistaken altogether. Or perhaps their tragedy was they could simply not spill blood enough to prevent the sky from falling in upon them.

Then, there's also this note...

Spoiler below!
August 20th 1899

Took delivery of another batch of imbeciles today. They are the sorriest specimens of humanity I have ever seen. No-one asks where they go to. The authorities of Bedlam are simply happy to reduce the over-crowding in their teeming, stinking halls. We measure their skulls, check their teeth. We give them Laudanum to pacify them.

They wait in line, livestock, dull brown eyes and filthy skin. Many soil themselves as they wait.

Into the manipulator they file in silence. I hear the hissing of gas. I hear the dull groaning as teeth are removed, as bones are reset. I hear the pigs screaming. We have removed all the mirrors. After the process, it is their reflections that trouble them the most. Afterwards, when they sleep, I walk amongst them. My children, I whisper to their dreams, you are my children now. I have children once again, and your forms imperfect will be the engines to make my own blood flow again.

This also indicates that his "real" children were dead already.

So...

Spoiler below!
how could Edwin and Enoch have written diary entries in October 1899?

09-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Spoiler below!
Mmm, I assume the children were killed in between February and August (after he returned, not at the expedition - that's just the place he realized what would happen to them). At the beginning when you read the children diaries, are they from October? Maybe add one of their diaries to verify. If yes, then indeed you are right. There's a continuity error there.
09-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Spoiler below!
Indeed, both diary pages are dated from October 1899.

Edwin and Enoch's diary, October 3rd 1899

Daddy says we're not allowed to play with the animals anymore. We were playing hide and seek with Cook and he came and shouted at us, just as we were going to hide behind Mr Grumpy Teddy. Cook says it's because of the guns in there, but he always lets us help polish them, so it can't be that. Anyway, that room is haunted. If you sneak around there at night, you can hear the ghosts in the walls behind the cases. They are often angry, or that's how it sounds. We think that's why you can hear them rattling their chains and slamming doors and things like that. We don't like it in there anyway.

Edwin and Enoch's diary, October 11th 1899

Daddy says there won't be a Christmas this year, he is much too busy. Nanny says we must not disturb him, he is ever so busy. He is gone for work before she wakes us and often we are asleep before he returns. We found a bird in the garden with a broken wing. We gave it to Nanny, who said it was a filthy thing and hit it with a rolling pin. Later, we crept downstairs to bury the body when everyone was asleep. There was a pig in the garden, we heard it snuffling about. Then Daddy came and said we had to come inside straight away. He was furious, but we think he'd been crying again.

I just assumed that the children had died in Mexico because of what The Machine says to Mandus.

Quote:I did not kill your children, Mandus. You sacrificed them on the temple steps knowing what the coming century would do to them.

I think The Machine was referring to a temple in Mexico.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 04:09 PM by Ashtoreth.)
09-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Find