Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which Game distressed you the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Dark Descent
50.00%
26 50.00%
Justine
36.54%
19 36.54%
A Machine For Pigs
13.46%
7 13.46%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which Amnesia Game distressed you more?
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Which Amnesia Game distressed you more?

When I first played TDD back in 2011, I couldn't finish it. I had dreams about it because of its intensity. Now that I've played through it many times, I'm not so afraid of it any more. Though from time to time I will still replay it and still be a little scared, even though I know all the spawns off by heart.

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
12-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Find
Quizerno Offline

Threads: 1

Toss up between Justine and TDD.

Justine had the most nerve-wracking climax of all Frictionals games, but TDD had the Choir.
12-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

They all distressed me, however Justine is at the bottom of the list. It's a tie between TDD and AMFP, simply because I felt distressed, but in different ways. TDD was more pure fear, but AMFP more pure disgust and bitterness. TDD was like a punch in the face, and AMFP was more a kick to the gut. Both messed with my emotions, but it hit in different places on that spectrum.

12-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

A:AMFP story left a bigger mark and it was scary because it made sense. The story of Justine and TDD was kinda shallow in my opinion.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 03:49 PM by i3670.)
12-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Justine, surprisingly. I'd say it was because of its brevity - the water sequence is still pretty unnerving to me. It's also because the story lacks anything overtly supernatural. There's no caveat of magic or mad science here, just a story about a sadistic libertine torturing her lovers.
12-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Find
Kilseno Offline

Threads: 0

That's the point! Justine treats more about insanity and how your childhood reflects on your future personality. It is indeed a study of the human psyche, if we check the stories of some well known psychopaths or murderers they all had something in common, either being mentally unstable or having witnessed or being victims of some weird or horrible acts.
01-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Find
dannyvincet Offline

The Dark Descent was one that bothered me the most. I refuse to play it alone next time,as it is a very intense game.
Instant Gaming
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014, 02:20 PM by dannyvincet.)
03-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17

In terms of story and overall concept, AMFP. The story freaked me right the hell out. Not to mention, about halfway through it started to make me rather emotional lol [I actually got a little teary-eyed when exploring the pig nest].

In terms of gameplay and whatnot, Justine. I've never managed to finish Justine yet, because every time I get to the water part, I chicken out and fear quit xD. I can just barely manage to watch other people play it, for that matter.

In TDD, the only part that really, really unnerved me was trying to dodge the Kaernk in the flooded area. I honestly don't think I've ever come closer to having a panic attack during a game than I did when I had to run from that damn thing through the corridors.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
03-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Find
Onlinezigeuner Away

1. TDD
2. Justine
3. AMfP

I just couldn't get into the new Amnesia...only enjoyed the first hour. TDD is my best horror-experience until yet.
03-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Website Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Machine for pigs. > Justine > Amnesia

Machine for pigs actually gave me a rush and got me into the story. With amnesia I felt that (after the 4th monster or so) I was more focused on learning the game mechanics to avoid the monsters. Never really given he chance in MFP I was never focused on that there.

03-25-2014, 02:44 AM
Find