Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMFP Trailer
XexorWeglin Offline

Threads: 1
AMFP Trailer

Sorry; I've e-mailed in the past a few times but never heard back, probably because I'm sure everyone at Frictional Games is swamped. I also searched the forums and didn't find anything about this, but maybe I just suck at searching.

I have had the trailer for AaMfP on my YT channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKT5NZSX8zU) as promo for the game for a little over a year now. I have never even tried to monetize it; I only wanted to keep everyone excited about the game, especially those on my channel.

Is it OK if this remains on my channel unmonetized? It has literally only ever been advertising for the game (I've not made one cent off it), but I can of course remove it if needed. I would appreciate any help Frictional Games can give me.

~Xexor
01-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: AMFP Trailer

If they want it removed they can go through YT to remove it based on copyright.

01-12-2014, 10:20 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

You e-mailed FG for this? OMG... and I think you only want making advertisement of your channel.
01-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Find
XexorWeglin Offline

(01-12-2014, 12:45 PM)Googolplex Wrote: You e-mailed FG for this? OMG... and I think you only want making advertisement of your channel.

Well, I want to be sure to have permission. I foolishly had posted it originally without hearing back. I will admit that it's possible that someone subscribed to my channel because of the video, but I think that's probably pretty unlikely. I mean, who watches a trailer on YouTube and then immediately subscribes to the channel where the trailer exists?

(01-12-2014, 10:20 AM)WIWWM Wrote: If they want it removed they can go through YT to remove it based on copyright.

Yes, exactly. This is precisely why I'm asking for permission, though. If they don't want it up, I'm hoping they can just tell me directly instead of going through YouTube.

You never know from one publisher / developer to another. For example, for every other trailer I have on my channel (not a ton, but several), I have explicit permission to keep it up. Red Barrels, Ubisoft, Senscape, Deep Silver, Rebellion — these all have said their trailers are completely fine unmonetized.

I just never heard back from FG and wanted to remove it if they don't want it up. Since the trailer has been up for over a year, I'm hopeful I can remove it myself if they want it gone.

~Xexor
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM by XexorWeglin.)
01-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

(01-12-2014, 05:18 PM)XexorWeglin Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 12:45 PM)Googolplex Wrote: You e-mailed FG for this? OMG... and I think you only want making advertisement of your channel.
Spoiler below!

Well, I want to be sure to have permission. I foolishly had posted it originally without hearing back. I will admit that it's possible that someone subscribed to my channel because of the video, but I think that's probably pretty unlikely. I mean, who watches a trailer on YouTube and then immediately subscribes to the channel where the trailer exists?

(01-12-2014, 10:20 AM)WIWWM Wrote: If they want it removed they can go through YT to remove it based on copyright.

Yes, exactly. This is precisely why I'm asking for permission, though. If they don't want it up, I'm hoping they can just tell me directly instead of going through YouTube.

You never know from one publisher / developer to another. For example, for every other trailer I have on my channel (not a ton, but several), I have explicit permission to keep it up. Red Barrels, Ubisoft, Senscape, Deep Silver, Rebellion — these all have said their trailers are completely fine unmonetized.

I just never heard back from FG and wanted to remove it if they don't want it up. Since the trailer has been up for over a year, I'm hopeful I can remove it myself if they want it gone.

~Xexor

Okay. Let me repeat, why ask for permission? If it's already up then (again) if they don't want it up they'll take it down!

Woo. Gratz, you have permission to put up other trailers, so what? Trust me, Some developer doesnt want you to have it, they will take it down. They dont need to go through you, and plus you couldalways put it back up at a later date anyway. Simpler to go through youtube and not wait for a possibly never comming reply from some random guy who is asking for permission to do something after doing it.

It's like if i take a cookie from a cookie jar, then ask my mom "hey I took a cookie, Is it okay that I took it?"

If my mom (FG) ends up noticing that there's a cookie missing (your vid) from the jar she'll hide it. (take it down)

Kay? Don't worry about it. Why go out of their way to give you permission to host a video your going to host anyway until told otherwise not to?

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 11:33 PM by 7heDubz.)
01-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Find
XexorWeglin Offline

(01-12-2014, 11:32 PM)WIWWM Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 05:18 PM)XexorWeglin Wrote:

~Xexor

Okay. Let me repeat, why ask for permission? If it's already up then (again) if they don't want it up they'll take it down!

Woo. Gratz, you have permission to put up other trailers, so what? Trust me, Some developer doesnt want you to have it, they will take it down. They dont need to go through you, and plus you couldalways put it back up at a later date anyway. Simpler to go through youtube and not wait for a possibly never comming reply from some random guy who is asking for permission to do something after doing it.

It's like if i take a cookie from a cookie jar, then ask my mom "hey I took a cookie, Is it okay that I took it?"

If my mom (FG) ends up noticing that there's a cookie missing (your vid) from the jar she'll hide it. (take it down)

Kay? Don't worry about it. Why go out of their way to give you permission to host a video your going to host anyway until told otherwise not to?

I figured the same thing for a while. But there's a user threatening now to report my channel unless I delete it. That or FG having YouTube take it down could result in a strike on my channel, which is something to worry about.

I def. agree with you; to use your metaphor, I've already grabbed the cookie, but I'd like to not eat it if I'm supposed to put it back rather than get a spanking. But I would also like to not put it back if I don't need to. Lol. I suppose the answer maybe is just to remove the trailer altogether.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 05:26 AM by XexorWeglin.)
01-13-2014, 05:24 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

This user that is threatening you is just a troll. Don't worry about him.
And, even if he does report you, there are so many people putting up copyrighted videos that get blocked everyday for copyright, I'm sure at most they block it, and say "dont put it back up" ta da.

01-13-2014, 05:41 AM
Find
XexorWeglin Offline

(01-13-2014, 05:41 AM)WIWWM Wrote: This user that is threatening you is just a troll. Don't worry about him.
And, even if he does report you, there are so many people putting up copyrighted videos that get blocked everyday for copyright, I'm sure at most they block it, and say "dont put it back up" ta da.

OK, thx for your help. Smile I'm not new to YouTube, but I don't run into trolls very often, so I am new at dealing with them. Lol. Also, I noticed that same user has a Macklemore song on his "Here's what's on my channel" vid, so it's a little hypocritical. Lol.
01-13-2014, 05:44 AM
Find