Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras

(06-10-2009, 10:17 AM)Scraper Wrote: @ Kedjane

I watched videos about Project Natal, and it looks kinda amazing!
But:

See this video!

I think it's scripted and acted? But if not... Then I might really look more into this!

Yeah, that's the main demonstration so far. It's definately acted and prepared, possibly except for the fish part, but most of what's seen is possible. The camera being able to recognize a girl in cleary red clothing isn't all that amazing, the water responding to her arms movement is very possible looking back at Eyetoy which worked similarly and voice recognition has worked fine in EndWar and games alike. Microsoft are pretty big, so if they work hard on it they might even make Natal recognize expressions and all such - it's not impossible. However it will probably take a lot of work to make it work properly. Someone running around with a bright white flashlight shining it at the camera could very well be taken for a peice of paper (I'm guessing the camera only looks around for large, white objects somewhat rectangular) triggering Milo to go all "Oh, you drew me this?".
What definately isn't working at least right now is the actual conversation. Milos voice didn't sound like that Microsoft Sam voice exactly, so I'm guessing they prepared all the conversation and recorded the voice rather than having had the computer figure it out and voice it by itself. Probably we won't be having any deep conversations with Milo anytime soon either, but saying stuff that's already been prepared by the developers such as "let's play a game", "I'm hungry" and stuff like that might work.
It will be pretty interesting to see how it turns out. Peter Molyneux who was talking about the project is known for overexaggerating and promising too much, but I don't think he's really related to the project - he was just the person chosen to talk about it at E3.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
06-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

That did actually look really cool, the Natal vid. But like Scraper said, it kinda seems like it was...acted. But if Microsoft really gets this thing off the ground, and it works well--hell, looks like I might have to get myself an XBox 360.

06-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Find
agent 47 Offline

Threads: 0

no offence but i think we should stay on topic.
06-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Find
agent 47 Offline

Threads: 0

does anyone know what type of things are going to be in this game? i haven't hurd much about it for ages.
07-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

No one has... You're not alone.

07-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Website Find
Aliennoffe Offline

Threads: 18

But scraper is forum mod, dos'nt he knows Thomas and Jens?

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
07-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I bet he doesn't. Like most moderators on any forums, they don't really know the admins, they just got skills in forum usage.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Maybe I do? :o
Well, yeah: I don't.

But what comes to Unknown, is that Developers won't or doesn't want to talk about the game.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2009, 03:02 PM by Ano.)
07-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I personally think it's a great advantage to talk about the game in production, it's much more efficient and the outcome might become more successful because of all the feedback from the users. That's where Frictional fails imo.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

(07-25-2009, 11:39 AM)nackidno Wrote: I personally think it's a great advantage to talk about the game in production, it's much more efficient and the outcome might become more successful because of all the feedback from the users. That's where Frictional fails imo.

They did take lots of advice from the fans for Black Plague. Pleasing the fans too much usually is a really bad decision. Fans usually only want what they think they will be cool in a game, not thinking at all of how hard to would be to implement, the time it would take, the money it would cost and what players worldwide would think of the feature, how it actually would work once in the game and so on. I still think Black Plague would had been better off with weapons.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
07-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Find