Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod

Hello fellow members of this forum!

Since 2 years back when Frunken Productions was founded, me and my colleagues have been improving our skills in the HPL engine day by day. After creating, building, crafting and forging a very high amount of maps, scripts and models, we felt like it was time to put our skills together, and start on something revolutionary for the Amnesia community, a mod that would shine through it's competitors and reach the top. Something that could get close to matching the original Amnesia: The Dark Descent game, at least in map- and event design. This may not be possible, but our hopes were, and still are, very high. Three months later, we have now come a long way, and we feel like it's time to announce what we have so far.

Quick story explanation:
Spoiler below!

You are David, a psychologist known for being one of the best in London. One night you recieve a letter from the baron of Baleshire Castle, Richard III. He wants you to come see him as soon as possible, and offers you an astounding amount of money if you come without further due. As he is nice enough to let you bring your wife and daughter, the three of you travel to Baleshire Castle the next morning.

Starting your sessions with the baron, your enthusiasm grows larger and larger, and your family barely gets to see you at all during the visit as you spend most of your time treating the baron. Listening to his stories and state of mind, you start understanding why he needed you so urgently. He tells the story of how he see's a lady wearing a long black dress approaching him in his sleep, every night. The lady keeps asking him the same question every night, a question the baron fears answering. But when he refuses to answer she becomes angry and starts screaming. The night before you recieved the letter from the baron, the baron had no longer had the power to fight the lady's persistent anger and threats of slitting his throat, and he had answered the question. Now the baron started seeing things outside of his sleep, and was desperate to find out how to get rid of these events. As you dig deeper into the mind of the baron, you discover things that you never wanted to see, and you fear that not only the baron is in danger, but the people around him too...

As you take a sip of the amnesia drink and pray that you can forget, forget it all and leave this place, you notice your daughter, Lucy, is missing. You run out in the night searching for her, but your memory is fading and you can barely keep your eyes open as the drink rips your mind apart. Now it's up to you to save your daughter from the evil she may be exposed to. But can you remember how?

Right now, we are polishing the first of two chapters in this story. The maps in that chapter are close to done, and the story is being implemented as you read this. I will provide you with screenshots in the far down of the post.

This is what you can expect from this mod:
- Highly detailed and thought out maps, beautiful to both eye and mind.
- Impressive and well suiting events and scares.
- A special version of Custom Ambient Map Scares (Read more here:Custom Ambient Map Scares)
- Several custom wall sets and models of high quality.
- A huge outside map with a sculpted landscape and an awesome modeled castle.
- At least 3 custom monsters packed with special functions, animations and ice cold fear.
- Challenging yet simple puzzles with clues leading you through the story.
- Great story telling through notes, diaries, flashbacks, voice acting and other kinds of revelations.

We're grateful for any kind of feedback.

We don't want to set up a release date, but we are expecting this to be done this summer. Stay tuned for updates.

We want voice actors! We need both male and female. If you think you could do it in a professional way, let me know and I'll send you an audition. Thank you.

Can you create scary music fitting for a story like this? Let me know, as we are in need of a music composer to set that extra touch to this story. I'll take a look at what you can do and we'll work something out.

Screenshots below:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 2014-02-05_00030_zpsbe87063d.jpg]

[Image: 2014-02-05_00034_zpse7865dd7.jpg]

[Image: 2014-02-05_00035_zps4334b79a.jpg]

[Image: 2014-02-05_00038_zps9f1cf919.jpg]

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2014, 01:38 PM by Wapez.)
02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

RE: [WIP] In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod

Spoiler below!

[Image: 2014-02-05_00002_zps5592ffc7.jpg]

[Image: 2014-02-05_00013_zpscf3dc7f1.jpg]

[Image: 2014-02-05_00042_zps5108e1a8.jpg]

[Image: 2014-02-05_00023_zpsee00cb96.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014, 07:43 PM by Wapez.)
02-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

you son of a bitch, I got so excited that this was released when i saw the screenshots and realized it was in the showcase. Sad

it looks really, really good. I'm excited for this.

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Lol, yeah, I'm sorry. Thanks though, makes me really happy that you like it. We will be working our asses off to bring it to you as soon as possible! Smile

Screenshots are here now:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 2014-02-04_00004EDITED_zpse842cb87.jpg]

[Image: 2014-02-05_00044_zpseac9c2dd.jpg]

Some concept art:

[Image: Buffy_Monster_Concept_zpse69a1288.jpg]

[Image: Cabin_zpsa35a6b70.jpg]

Sorry about double posting but the posts fuck up when there's more than 4 pictures in them.

Thread needs to be moved. Thanks.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014, 07:44 PM by Wapez.)
02-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(02-05-2014, 08:19 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Shouldn't show the monster! It's much more terrifying and profound to only see him at certain meaningful points within a story. Might be best to keep him unknown, though he does look quite good.

Since we're going to have so many monsters, we figured we might as well show this one as teaser material, just like FG did with the grunt. The other monsters won't be seen by you before the release, apart from that silhouette.

02-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Just amazed here!
Looks amazing!
New textures \ models \ monsters etc..
Just amazed Wapez!
Gonna follow this, and hope this will be released this year.
Good luck with it man!
02-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Looks good. I liked this particular screenshot
Spoiler below!
I know I tell this to everyone, but you should consider spending a little more time in having new textures instead of using Amnesia's.
Floor, walls, carpets, everything you can.
Just my opinion.

02-06-2014, 01:45 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

Glad you guys like what you see so far Smile We're definetely doing our best to make this mod as good as possible and knowing that people like it so far makes us real happy and motivates to work even harderSmile

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 07:12 AM by Juras.)
02-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Find
Zatchie Offline

Threads: 2

(02-06-2014, 01:45 AM)Amn Wrote: Looks good. I liked this particular screenshot
Spoiler below!
I know I tell this to everyone, but you should consider spending a little more time in having new textures instead of using Amnesia's.
Floor, walls, carpets, everything you can.
Just my opinion.
We're going to create a lot of custom models. However, we want to maintain the feeling of this still being amnesia, as well as build the maps with the smallest amount of new models first. But if you look closer there's already two new sets in the screenshots, and more is to come. Our youtube will be packed with these updates, so stay tuned!

Founder of Frunken Productions. Map designer and 3D and texture artist
http://frunkenproductions.com/
http://youtube.com/frunkenproductions
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 09:05 AM by Zatchie.)
02-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Thread moved.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
02-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Find