Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What's the best gaming PC for Amnesia
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: What's the best gaming PC for Amnesia

Oh, for some reason I thought you had a monitor. Must've been confused with the All-in-1 PC thing.
Your old monitor will work, I'm fairly sure. Video ports haven't been abolished in some time. Old monitors usually have the VGA port (a blue trapeze shape with 2 screws). Newer ones usually have HDMI and/or DVI (which is similar to VGA, but white with a square shape and a little flat pin on one side).

Anyway, monitors are pretty cheap too. I'm sure you can find something. I recommend a 24-inch 1080p one (personally I have a 27-inch 1440p, but that's more than enough).

03-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Find
kwarrior109 Offline

Threads: 2

(03-22-2014, 06:59 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Oh, for some reason I thought you had a monitor. Must've been confused with the All-in-1 PC thing.
Your old monitor will work, I'm fairly sure. Video ports haven't been abolished in some time. Old monitors usually have the VGA port (a blue trapeze shape with 2 screws). Newer ones usually have HDMI and/or DVI (which is similar to VGA, but white with a square shape and a little flat pin on one side).

Anyway, monitors are pretty cheap too. I'm sure you can find something. I recommend a 24-inch 1080p one (personally I have a 27-inch 1440p, but that's more than enough).

My mom actually got a HP laptop I checked Can You Run It and it said this laptop should be able to run Amnesia but it also said the OS is questionable, this laptop has Windows 8.1 on it, will it still be able to play Amnesia?
03-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Heh, well I don't think that really should be a problem. It's more a question of hardware. It needs a graphic card supporting an OpenGL version above 1.20. But why don't you try to see if it runs? Perhaps you could just get the demo if you want a quicker download.

03-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Find
kwarrior109 Offline

(03-23-2014, 12:51 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Heh, well I don't think that really should be a problem. It's more a question of hardware. It needs a graphic card supporting an OpenGL version above 1.20. But why don't you try to see if it runs? Perhaps you could just get the demo if you want a quicker download.

Never mind, my mom won't let me put Amnesia on her laptop, guess I should've saw that one coming, I always think I could do something and think about how awesome it would be and then it all gets crushed, I've been having some bad luck lately, *sigh* well the hunt continues.
03-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Sorry to hear that =/

Well, if you are to order yourself a custom built PC, http://pcpartpicker.com/ could be a good site to check out. There you can set up your own combinations and compare them with others.

If you have your own computer, I'd assume you'd be the one in charge of what goes on it? That's something to look forward to, eh?

03-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Find
kwarrior109 Offline

(03-23-2014, 08:59 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Sorry to hear that =/

Well, if you are to order yourself a custom built PC, http://pcpartpicker.com/ could be a good site to check out. There you can set up your own combinations and compare them with others.

If you have your own computer, I'd assume you'd be the one in charge of what goes on it? That's something to look forward to, eh?

Wow, this is a pretty cool site!

"If you have your own computer, I'd assume you'd be the one in charge of what goes on it? That's something to look forward to, eh?"
Yeah, you're right I was just looking forward to using mom's laptop to play Amnesia whenever I want.

Update: I was looking around with the graphic settings and turned off SSAO runs just fine now, but I still want a new computer since this one is a piece of crap, it can't do nothing right, lol.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 08:24 PM by kwarrior109.)
03-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Find