Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia script help!
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Amnesia script help!

Wrong section, moved.
08-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(08-23-2013, 04:06 PM)Neelke Wrote: I think that was the problem, it seemed to be good otherwise. Also might be a good idea telling what happens when you try to start the level.

It won't be the only issue.

////////////////////////////
// Run first time starting map
void OnStart()
{
AddUseItemCallback("", "Awesome_key", "Awesome_door", "ABC", true);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "PlayerCollide", "MonsterFunction", true, 1);
}

void ABC(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked("Awesome_door", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door", "Awesome_door", 0, false);
RemoveItem("Awesome_key");
}

void MonsterFunction(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_1", true);
}

It was also missing a function definition above this line...

{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "PlayerCollide", "MonsterFunction", true, 1);
}

I assume it was meant to go into OnStart, so I moved it there Smile

(also Neelke, it's helpful if you say what it is you changed, so that people can identify the problem themselves in the future)

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2013, 04:37 PM by Adrianis.)
08-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Find
theodorg Offline

Threads: 11

thx so much guys you are really helpful the problem was that my

was in the wrong place Smile
08-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Find
theodorg Offline

Amnesia script help!

Hello so im trying to make an amnesia custom story and when i created my note my lang file goes inactive. Heres the script pls help:

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">It was a dark night and arvid had just wooken up from a bad dream. When he looked around he didnt see his room as he expected, but some mansion-like bedroom. This is where his journey begins!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_Awesome_key">A key full of the spirits of yolo</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_Awesome_key">Key Of Yolo</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATAGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Names_Name">Dear Arvid.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Names_Text">I dont have time to explain everything now and I dont know if Im alive when your reading this. You have been in a coma in 12 years after a failed experiment on this mental instutution. Ever since the experience weird things have been going on here. I left your old lantern in case you wake up but right know we are evacuating. Something is not right here...</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2013, 08:16 PM by theodorg.)
08-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

You spelled category wrong for the journal category.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Website Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

(08-23-2013, 08:36 PM)Your Computer Wrote: You spelled category wrong for the journal category.
+1
08-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Find
theodorg Offline

Amnesia script help!

Hello guys so im making my custom story and i know that something is wrong in my lang file. Pls check it out:

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
<Entry Name="Description">It was a dark night and arvid had just wooken up from a bad dream. When he looked around he didnt see his room as he expected, but some mansion-like bedroom. This is where his journey begins!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<Entry Name="ItemName_Namess">Old Note</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Names_Text">I dont have time to explain everything now and I dont know if Im alive when your reading this. You have been in a coma in 12 years after a failed experiment on this mental instutution. Ever since the experience weird things have been going on here. I left your old lantern in case you wake up but right know we are evacuating. Something is not right here...[br]Love Victoria</Entry>

<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Name">Dr Victoria, 21 august.
<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Name">The patients have been acting really weird since the testing on patient 61 last sunday. I dont know if they heard what happened to him but I would prefer that they didnt. I still really dont know what happened down there but i have never seen anything like it.
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
08-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(08-24-2013, 10:30 AM)theodorg Wrote: Hello guys so im making my custom story and i know that something is wrong in my lang file. Pls check it out:

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_Names_Text">I dont have time to explain everything now and I dont know if Im alive when your reading this. You have been in a coma in 12 years after a failed experiment on this mental instutution. Ever since the experience weird things have been going on here. I left your old lantern in case you wake up but right know we are evacuating. Something is not right here...[br]Love Victoria</Entry>

<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Name">The patients have been acting really weird since the testing on patient 61 last sunday. I dont know if they heard what happened to him but I would prefer that they didnt. I still really dont know what happened down there but i have never seen anything like it.
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

I think that your "Note_Names_Name" are confusing Amnesia, try something different like "Note_Begin_Name" or something like that.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Find
theodorg Offline

(08-24-2013, 11:00 AM)The chaser Wrote:
(08-24-2013, 10:30 AM)theodorg Wrote: Hello guys so im making my custom story and i know that something is wrong in my lang file. Pls check it out:

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

I think that your "Note_Names_Name" are confusing Amnesia, try something different like "Note_Begin_Name" or something like that.

I dont hink so beacuse when i first only had the first two Names and not the Namess it worked something happened when i added the second note.
08-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Name">Dr Victoria, 21 august.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Text">The patients have been acting really weird since the testing on patient 61 last sunday. I dont know if they heard what happened to him but I would prefer that they didnt. I still really dont know what happened down there but i have never seen anything like it.</Entry>

Both Entry has a _Name suffix, it should've been a _Name and _Text.
You also forgot a closing ENTRY brace for both Namess Name and Text.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Find