Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Blender] Importing to HPL2
narutohokager Offline

Threads: 28
RE: [Blender] Importing to HPL2

Sorry for no answering, i wasn't at home Undecided

I tried all the 3 options of "Parent > Keep transform" and it give me this...

Before : http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/274057before.jpg
After : http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/624799after.jpg

I tried anyway to export to DAE with all options like in your pic, place it in this folder : Amnesia 1.3 BETA\redist\custom_stories\The Revenge\entities\enemy\AmnesiaMonster
Still crashing in ModelView Angry

I tried to create a .mat texture like this :
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/408864S...Editor.jpg

And it give me this error... http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/521257ERROR.jpg
And same error even if there are no .mat file, only the .dae
And when it happen, it create a .msh file

You can see it in this screenshot : http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/306174Folder.jpg

Help please ?... Had enough with all this... Sad

If you, or anyone can create a clear tutoriel of A to Z for exporting Blender/Maya model to HPL2 Engine, it would be very great.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad english
Amnesia The Revenge - Chapter 1
09-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

As for the texture, do not use .png files. Use .dds.

The model I'm not too smart with cause I don't use Blender. Looks like the Y axis gets messed up. I've heard of that happening before, though, again, I can't really say what to do about it. I'm sure some Blendy people here can help.

09-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

Try using 'Apply' to finalise any transorm modifiers before exporting. (Can't remember the exact options just now.) It looks like you mesh/skeleton have been generated by some sort of script. I don't know if that could be the root of the problem. I can only vouch for the method I've used, which is creating everything from scratch in Blender.

If you're asking me to write a tutorial, I'm afraid I don't have time. I learnt everything I know about importing models to HPL and everything I know about Blender using tutorials here, on the wiki and by searching on Google in the last 2 months. It's all out there! Smile

09-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Find
narutohokager Offline

Stupid question... I did it before but i forgot, how do we transform a .png to .dds ? xD Just simply change extension ?

I dont see any "apply" button T_T except "Apply modifiers" in export option, but i already check that case before...
Oh jeez... I would have the strengh to search too if the engine is not so old xD It's like, learning the engine of Counter Strike 1.6, you understand ? xD

I'm going to try to remove skeleton

Saaaaaaaaaaame, saaaaaaame error, this !?@µ"&$ù@ material who wont load >.<

Sorry for my bad english
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014, 08:48 PM by narutohokager.)
09-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Use a DDS exporter. There's a plugin for Gimp and Photoshop, and Paint.NET has a built in functionality for it.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 07:44 PM by Mudbill.)
09-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Find
narutohokager Offline

I tried to create the .dds with Paint.Net, succesfull
Creating .mat with MaterialEditor 131111 with normal map
Putting all files (.dae, .dds, .mat) in custom storie folder > entities > enemy > slender

And : Same error...

Seriously, i dont see what it's wrong right now. So i conclude that there are a problem with MakeHuman, or with the patch 1.31, after all it's a BETA update.

When i compare with the original servant_grunt folder, i dont have the .ent file
Do you know how i get it ? Probably not the problem but i try anyway...

If after all that, it still doesn't work... I think i'll put this "project" in pause mode until the official 1.3 patch are out.
It will be sad to abandon this project, if we can import, we'll be able to create many many characters Undecided

Sorry for my bad english
09-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

The *.ent file is your entity. You can't use it for anything but a static object without an entity file.
Also make sure that when you're using your entities, you need to place them in the Amnesia/entities/whatever location instead of Amnesia/custom_stories/yourstory/entities/whatever. The level editor uses files from that location so to use entities in it, they must be stored there.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 07:51 PM by Mudbill.)
09-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Find
narutohokager Offline

Oh okay, i understand Smile But actually, i can't even see the entitie in the ModelView because of the error "Created material ... Can't be load" so... Sad

Sorry for my bad english
09-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Website Find
narutohokager Offline

I'm gonna use a other model for my custom storie and i put that project "Export model to HPL2 Engine" in stand-by.
That take me too much time !

If anyone have any idea, i'm always watching here ! Smile

Sorry for my bad english
09-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Website Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Here, this should help

1. Your model must be triangulated(converted to triangles) before you export it.
Hold CTRL + F while in edit mode to make a menu with options for faces appear and click on the triangulate option
2.before exporting your model must have a blender internal render type material(so no cycles) assigned to it,just leave it at default for the material settings or perhaps tone down the spec if it gets annoying while editting. REMEMBER: only one material per object or crash.
3.Before exporting you model it must have a texture assigned to it, with UV cordinates. so make sure to set it to UV cordinates under mapping in the texture tab. only one texture per object as well.
4. make sure your object is at the center when you export. you can do that by first holding SHIFT + S and clicking cursor to center, and then doing the same but clicking selection to cursor instead.
This step is not necesary but your objects pivot point/origin will be at the center when exported to amnesia so it can get hard to work with if you dont do this step.
5. Apply scale rotation and location of your object by going to the apply menu by holding down CTRL + A and rest is self explanatory. this step is not necesary but it will prevent you model from being rotated, scaled or offset in amnesia.
6.Make sure your face normals are right before exporting or you will have what looks like holes in yout object in amnesia. If you click N to bring forth the navigation menu you will find an option called "Backface Culling" under display, this will only render the front of your objects faces just like in amnesia.
To fix a face that is facing the wrong way select it in edit mode, hit W to bring up the specials menu and click "flip normals".

EXPORT:
1.Go to file -> Export -> Collada (Default) (.dae)
2. find the desired location to export your model to. it must be within the amnesia folder.
3.Name your model, it is recommended that give its name an extension iconic to your CS/Mod so amnesia doesent mess up if someone has a mod with another object under the same name. Fx if you had a CS/Mod called banana attack with a chair you would name it chair_ba.dae, rather then chair.dae which would likely be messed up with another chair.
4.Before exporting there is some settings in the lower left corner I would like to go through:

Apply modifiers: applies your modifiers automatically, though I recommend doing everything manually before exporting since you cant always rely on these automatic feutures.

Selection Only: makes it so that only your selected objects are exported, I always use this option but you can work without it if you delete everything but what you are exporting from your scene. I like to have some lights around though so I find that unpractical.

Include Children: dunno exacly what this does but in terms of amnesia exporting this should always be unchecked.

Inlclude armatures: this is for exporting rigged models with skeletons, which are called armatures in blender. as far as I know no one has been able to export animated models from any other software then maya so I dont think you will ever need this option checked.

Inlcude Shape Keys: amnesia does not support shape keys only skeletons so this should be unchecked. mostly its not necesary to uncheck it though since mostly you wont even have any shape keys on you model.

Only Active UV layer:this should be unchecked

Include UV textures: this option is lethal, it will write what textures your model is using into the collada file, if you dont use this check box amnesia will likely crash.

Include material textures: uncheck this, amnesia is only UV textures.

Copy: Whether you are going to use this or not depends on where your textures are stored. if you have texture from outside the Amnesia/redist folder assigned to your model when exporting you should check this option. it will copy your textures to the location you are exporting to. if you already have your textures in the right location leave this unchecked.

Deform bones only: uncheck this

Export for second life: uncheck this

Use object indtances: not exacly 100% sure about this option but I have allways had it checked with no problems at all.

Sort by object name: always had this unchecked, b

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 12:14 AM by 7heDubz.)
09-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Find