Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Quality Monster Pack
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: High Quality Monster Pack

Not trying to bash your work or anything, just curious as to what the ''High quality'' indicates?

Big textures? Alot of polygons?

Thumbs up for sharing.
02-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

(02-12-2015, 04:38 PM)Traggey Wrote: Not trying to bash your work or anything, just curious as to what the ''High quality'' indicates?

Big textures? Alot of polygons?

Thumbs up for sharing.

In short, for me high quality means something that has been made with alot of work put into it and not "half-assed". That being sayed I'm in no way a proffesional so don't expect proffesional quality work here. But I think that since all of these monsters have been made with alot of effort, and have decent textures and animations, they could be considered higher quality than what you can find here on the forums (when it comes to monsters). But high quality can mean something else too depending on the person so this just my personal take on it.

Like I said, I'm not a proffesional, I'm just sharing something that I think can be useful to the community Smile

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 05:08 PM by Juras.)
02-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Yeah no I was just wondering, cheers for the answer.
02-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Thanks for sharing. It means a lot that the community shares it's work with others!
Hope to see great inspiration from these!

Quick edit: Post number 3333 Tongue

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 09:49 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
02-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Find
Juras Offline

(02-12-2015, 09:49 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: Thanks for sharing. It means a lot that the community shares it's work with others!
Hope to see great inspiration from these!

Quick edit: Post number 3333 Tongue

You're welcome Smile

02-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Find
D3AD UPR1S1NG Offline

Threads: 21

Great work with the models Smile although I seem to be having a problem getting them to work properly. It's acting as if the textures are missing despite me reinstalling them twice. I'll post a screenshot and hopefully someone here can make sense of it.

http://i.imgur.com/Hj4PVP2.jpg

Also it's only those two models. The others work fine.

The Harrowing Tale Of Redendrew Mansion
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2015, 01:00 AM by D3AD UPR1S1NG.)
02-13-2015, 12:59 AM
Find
Juras Offline

(02-13-2015, 12:59 AM)D3AD UPR1S1NG Wrote: Great work with the models Smile although I seem to be having a problem getting them to work properly. It's acting as if the textures are missing despite me reinstalling them twice. I'll post a screenshot and hopefully someone here can make sense of it.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it. But for now I think that the problem is your directories. If you could show me how your directories look, I might be able to see if it's the cause. All the monsters should be in separate folders so it would look something like this:

entities/enemy

rl_monster_skinny (folder)
rl_monster_buffy (folder)
etc..

If someone else could also confirm this, it would help!

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2015, 10:00 AM by Juras.)
02-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Find
D3AD UPR1S1NG Offline

(02-13-2015, 09:26 AM)Juras Wrote:
(02-13-2015, 12:59 AM)D3AD UPR1S1NG Wrote: Great work with the models Smile although I seem to be having a problem getting them to work properly. It's acting as if the textures are missing despite me reinstalling them twice. I'll post a screenshot and hopefully someone here can make sense of it.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it. But for now I think that the problem is your directories. If you could show me how your directories look, I might be able to see if it's the cause. All the monsters should be in separate folders so it would look something like this:

entities/enemy

etc..

The directories are set out exactly as you listed above, as I said it's strange because the other two are fine and they're also set in the same directory. If I open the .mat file in the material editor it shows up fine there too. :S

02-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Find
Juras Offline

(02-13-2015, 03:56 PM)D3AD UPR1S1NG Wrote:

entities/enemy

etc..

The directories are set out exactly as you listed above, as I said it's strange because the other two are fine and they're also set in the same directory. If I open the .mat file in the material editor it shows up fine there too. :S

Ah I found the problem! Before I uploaded my pack I re-named the folders to "rl_..." instead of "fp_..." . Apparently Amnesia doesn't like letting you re-name some of the folders. So just re-name the folders of all my monsters so it says "fp_" in the beginning instead of "rl_" and it should fix the problem!

I'll update the link now so other poeple won't get this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 09:38 AM by Juras.)
02-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Find
D3AD UPR1S1NG Offline

(02-14-2015, 09:38 AM)Juras Wrote:
(02-13-2015, 03:56 PM)D3AD UPR1S1NG Wrote:

entities/enemy

etc..

Ah I found the problem! Before I uploaded my pack I re-named the folders to "rl_..." instead of "fp_..." . Apparently Amnesia doesn't like letting you re-name some of the folders. So just re-name the folders of all my monsters so it says "fp_" in the beginning instead of "rl_" and it should fix the problem!

I'll update the link now so other poeple won't get this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Yeah that sorted it, thanks Smile

02-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Find