Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26
RE: SOMA Discussion Thread

Ya do know that "console" constitutes as the SteamMachine. Just saying, that's probably a safer bet - frictional and valve do go back a bit.

Though it's good to see a sanctimonious outbreak of PC patriotism and the usual slagging off of consoles in general, well played everybody.

Not an image
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 12:47 PM by Tommy Gun.)
10-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Find
MegaScience Offline

Threads: 1

The console -market- is bigger because it has centralized software and hardware, simplifying processes both business and consumer side. That isn't to say it's better, but in terms of marketability, simplified is a money maker.
10-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Find
Mothhive Offline

(10-08-2013, 11:58 AM)Zgroktar Wrote: Console market much larger than PC gaming market? Are you serious?

EDIT: Oh, the horror....

Ummm, yeah, that's just a fact. I'm a PC Gamer, don't own a console, and am not a fan of them, but even I can admit the console market is much larger and more profitable. I really don't understand how you can think otherwise.
10-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

Yeah, console market is larger than PC market, but I'm 99% sure that horror games (especially by FG) sell better on PC. Best-selling PS3 games are shooters and sports games.
10-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Find
Mothhive Offline

(10-08-2013, 01:42 PM)Deep One Wrote: Yeah, console market is larger than PC market, but I'm 99% sure that horror games (especially by FG) sell better on PC. Best-selling PS3 games are shooters and sports games.

I think that's mainly due to most decent horror games being indie PC titles, but Sony have been aggressively targeting indie devs in an attempt to get them on to the PS4, so that could change over the next few years. Time will tell I guess!
10-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

SOMA is PS4 exclusive.

"As far as we know, Frictional Games are developing SOMA as a PS4 exclusive with no PC release planned as-yet. We'll naturally keep you posted once we learn the first concrete thing about it."

And do you know why FG is not talking about it? Because it's true. Otherwise they already had confirmed a PC version. There is no sense to be mysterious! They just wait until we calm down and then they will say that SOMA is console exclusive.

That would mean all the expecations and long waiting for the game was for NOTHING.
Super Secret HPL3 Project? It was just a lie. We should thank Sony for ruining the game from us PC gamers, and just wonder why FG neglect their own PC community, which bravely brought Amnesia.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 03:00 PM by Googolplex.)
10-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Find
ReadingNotAllowed Offline

Threads: 6

(10-08-2013, 02:54 PM)Googolplex Wrote: SOMA is PS4 exclusive.

"As far as we know, Frictional Games are developing SOMA as a PS4 exclusive with no PC release planned as-yet. We'll naturally keep you posted once we learn the first concrete thing about it."

And do you know why FG is not talking about it? Because it's true. Otherwise they already had confirmed a PC version. There is no sense to be mysterious! They just wait until we calm down and then they will say that SOMA is console exclusive.

That would mean all the expecations and long waiting for the game was for NOTHING.
Super Secret HPL3 Project? It was just a lie. We should thank Sony for ruining the game from us PC gamers, and just wonder why FG neglect their own PC community, which bravely brought Amnesia.

EDIT: That title is very misleading though. Big Grin

Better to have a story and end it, then to never realise it has begun...

- Red
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 03:05 PM by ReadingNotAllowed.)
10-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Find
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2

(10-08-2013, 03:03 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
Quote:As far as we know [...]

Yeah ..
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 03:05 PM by Sampyli.)
10-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Quote:Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs developer Frictional Games are hard at work on their latest title, a mysterious affair known only as "SOMA" and believed to be a PS4 exclusive.

As far as we know, Frictional Games are developing SOMA as a PS4 exclusive with no PC release planned as-yet.

Before you start nagging, READ properly.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd... :S
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 03:08 PM by plutomaniac.)
10-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

^^^

(10-08-2013, 02:54 PM)Googolplex Wrote: That would mean all the expecations and long waiting for the game was for NOTHING.

Yeah, er, no offense, but way to get worked up over something that's not confirmed.

Still, I do think it's a dick move by whoever's in charge of this to make it seem like it's a PS4 exclusive, just to get more attention to the console.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
10-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Find