Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Textures Appearing Differently On Entities / Primitive Planes Issues
BonesTheRabbit Offline

Threads: 20
Textures Appearing Differently On Entities / Primitive Planes Issues

So, I created an entity using the Machine For Pigs Texture "blood_static.mat." But it has a strange specular effect that's completely distinct from how it appears when applied to a plane primitive in the HPL editor. I've struggled trying to get rid of the unusual shimmer, but can't seem to get it to mirror how it looks when applied to a primitive plane.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to toggle primitive planes, and need to be able to do so for the CS I'm presently working on. But I can't get the texture to look right on an entity. So, is anyone willing to lend me a helping hand, or throw me some advice? Thanks so much ahead of time, folks.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 08:27 PM by BonesTheRabbit.)
10-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: Textures Appearing Differently On Entities / Primitive Planes Issues

The engine puts in the shimmer manually, that's how decals are made with HPL3.
10-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Find
BonesTheRabbit Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Textures Appearing Differently On Entities / Primitive Planes Issues

(10-04-2015, 08:48 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: The engine puts in the shimmer manually, that's how decals are made with HPL3.
I'm actually still working with HPL2 (can't afford SOMA at the moment). But yeah, that's pretty much what I've experienced. I just wish I knew how to circumvent or compensate for it. Have tried disabling some of the layers on the material, but nothing I've tried has it coming out properly. Been at this for a few days now, so I figured I'd come to the forums to see if anyone was willing to help.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 09:37 PM by BonesTheRabbit.)
10-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Find