Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amateur reviewer looking for audience
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Amateur reviewer looking for audience

I'm going to become a PC game reviewer. The reviews will be very long because I am a through person and all that rot, but whatever. I'll do video supplements to all of my reviews, probably, so long as my computer can fraps the game without breaking down.

Anyway, my first review is Cryostasis (which I could record without breaking down, so I think I should be able to record anything ;D). It's probably not the most amazing idea to review the best game ever first, but whatever. http://liopleurodons.blogspot.com/2010/0...eason.html

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
04-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Website Find
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amateur reviewer looking for audience

Huh, helloween4545 just finished his Let's play of Cryostasis

Meh...
04-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I read the first two paragraphs and then I got tired of the loads of salutations and lack of objectivity, good luck with your reviews but I won't read it. =/

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Find
Tora Offline

Threads: 0
Rainbow  RE: Amateur reviewer looking for audience

Yes, I'm sorry too - I couldn't finish it. But keep it up, good luck! Smile

When the shit hits a fan.
Get a tent.
04-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Find

Big Grin Am I the only one who was interested enough to finish reading it?

Meh...
04-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

The thing was that I wanted to keep the reader guessing. I'll admit that it ended up taking a tedious amount of writing to do anyway so I probably won't be as much of a dick in the beginning in later reviews of other games simply for my own benefit. Hell, I might just rewrite it.

However, I do suggest you read it through. It gets more to the point after a short while a I think.

04-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Website Find

Well I liked it and it wasn't that long for me. Keep up the good work Lee!

Meh...
04-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

My tip for you:

Don't listen everything other people say (not to offend nackidno or Tora nor anyone else).
But unless it's very important to change the style of your text, I'd suggest you to keep doing how you like to do them. Just be yourself and enjoy the stuff you are doing. Don't make it boring to yourself.

But if you notice that lot of people complain about something, maybe you need to check some of your text to see what the problem is.
Also, reading other peoples reviews, picking up the most interesting features they use and mixing that style with your own style makes something that people might like to read. If that style picks enough audience, then you know that you've succeeded on what you are doing.

Keep it up!

04-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Website Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

It´s a very good review! Very elaborate and you certainly made me interested in learning more about this game.

Usually though I don´t read reviews... however I watch Zero Punctuation semi-regurlarly. Those are really funny!
04-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

I actually just finished uploading my video review of the game on YouTube. The quality is still low-resolution because it's still processing, but it's rewritten and all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oggDhRIVUI

I never really liked my first edition of the review so this one is sort of less repetitive.

04-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Website Find