Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your shock moments
zevv Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Your shock moments

The part that really scared the shit out of me was
Spoiler below!
just after being cured, in the room where the walls and ceilings would dissapear one by one, leaving you with less and less range of vision with darkness creeping up on you from all sides.

This was maybe not really a 'shock moment', but it was so really dream-like, intensely scary, I really had to take of the headphones and switch on the light to get rid of the goosebumps!
07-17-2010, 05:55 AM
Find
Salamatiqus Offline

Threads: 0

(06-06-2010, 06:36 PM)Astor Wrote: Another moment was where the big worm hunts you and you need to close that doors and destroy the wood planks. At first I looked at the door behind me where the worm come out, when I scremed like a baby and I ran for my life, I fool have forget to close the doors, I just thought: Run Forest run! Then I reached the wood planks, I hide behind the wall and I didn't detroy the planks (I thought the worm will break them) and waited. Some seconds later I looked with Q around the corner and in front of me was a biiiiigggg mouth, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!...dead. lol

I remember my experience in that moment...
First time I played Overture I haven't realized any (worm's) growl in sounds when everything shakes. When Philip turned around and saw a worm I was like "HOLY SMITH!!1one". I ran. I havent noticed about ability to close the doors. So I left doors open. I just ran. Ran. I said: "Phil, come on, why are you so slow? Oh acid, damnit, jump, jump over it. NOT IN ACID, you fool...OmG, where is pick axe?.." i need to mention that I never turned around to look where worm is located now, I was in shock and in "Adrenaline Rush". So i broke all wood, jumped over an acid and reached the locked door. And then my really bad mistake appears. I never thought about to crash wooden pole. I tried to open door, but door lock was tight and Philip is not strong enough to open it quickly so I opened it for little. Then I just stand to left side of wooden pole and waited for worm, then i turned right and ran back -_-.
AT the "back" I found some sort of fencing and stand to the right side of the fencing while awaiting for worm's come back. To say shortly, I've done 4 or more "laps" before I ran into the door. And, yeah, I was able to view worm's shiny tooth's while standing in chemical laboratory Tongue

Most scary moments for me:
1) First worm's appearance in Overture
2) Second worm's appearance in Overture (I will remember that marathon for whole life)
3) At the end of Overture when Philip's detonable mix suddenly detonates
4) Appearance of the first infected in BP.
5) Appearance of the worm in BP
6) Armory
7) Dr. Eminiss is fantastic
8) Whole game is scary Big Grin
07-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Find
Felix Atagong Offline

Threads: 2

The doctor/scientist who cuts off his own hand with a saw and then turns into a mindless zombie. It freaked me out (and I was so scared I was literally paralyzed and lost my life).

Some Penumbra 2006 TD Hints and a Dutch localisation file can be found at http://atagong.com/penumbra
07-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Website Find
Salamatiqus Offline

Threads: 0

(07-20-2010, 09:00 AM)Felix Atagong Wrote: The doctor/scientist who cuts off his own hand with a saw and then turns into a mindless zombie. It freaked me out (and I was so scared I was literally paralyzed and lost my life).

Spoiler below!
"It" was Dr. Eminiss
07-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Find
bitzaxp90 Offline

Threads: 31

I was scared at the end of Penumbra Overture, I mean, seriously... That guy at the end of the hallway was scary as hell then the lights shut off!?! I quitted the game and came back and my hand was shaking as hell. When I heard the door getting opened and Philip getting knocked off I screamed like a little girl xD

In Penumbra Black Plague(well, this part is not so scary but it's confusing) I was scared when Clarence made the door at a hallway dissapear. I was going back, but in front of me were just walls when it's supposed to be a hallway, and in my right, the same! When I came back to the door and I saw the door there I was pretty scared and confused too..
07-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

The moment that Amabel opens that door, and runs after you!

08-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Find
Elisius Von Pryde Offline

Threads: 1

Not sure if this counts a "shock" or not. But scariest was where you go off that bridge into the tunnel and have to run past all those eggs. Oh god... That was terrifying. Then in the locker they kept getting in before I got the rock in place!
Jesus...
Haven't actually beaten overture yet. As we speak I'm alt-tabbed waiting to heal up so I can go back to crapping my pants and crying for my mother.
08-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

Also in black plague, when you enter one of the doghouses, There's a weird sound coming from above you, and the screen starts shaking. When I quickly look up I see a cloud of smoke hanging above the doghouse. But it disappears immediatly!

My biggest shock was, when i went out of the room where all the dogs are laying dead. I opened the door, and suddenly a dog ran after me, but it was only a hallucination...

btw, does anyone know what might be in those holes in the walls?

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2010, 02:15 PM by Yuhaney.)
08-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Find
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2

Dude everyone knows that, just carefully read the note about the profesor in the room where you turn on the lights. BTW that 'thing' got the Spider Hater in Overture, not the dogs or worms.

Meh...
08-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

The Kennels. The Kennels... The stuff of nightmares... Sad

Damn you, Frisk. Damn you and all of your crazy mutated ilk ! Big Grin Blush

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
08-27-2010, 02:31 AM
Find