Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your shock moments
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Your shock moments

Mine was when I picked up the saw from the first main "hub" area in black plague and the monster spawned right outside the door, but the thing is my game is glitched up so the monsters don't move from the point they spawn at (I'm trying to get that fixed...) but the thing is this was before I realized that, so I waited in the room for about a minute. I eventually decided something was wrong so I crawled up to the door and just as I was just about a foot away from the door HE decides he wants to break down the door even though I was standing completely still... Lucky as I said before he couldn't actually move, but since that was before I knew that it freaked the SHIT outta me!

Posting Freak
07-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Website Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

My worse moment, was near the beginning when you had to move the rocks and box to get into the underground tunnel.

When you just enter it, that spider runs past, never jumped so much in my life (I hate spiders!)

Also getting chased by dogs isn't fun at all, they're quick buggers...

Think A Little, Change A Lot
07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Find
justsayno Offline

Threads: 0

my biggest shock was in Penumbra Black Plague when i saw for the fist time the Zombie , after i took that syringe from that shaft and the zombie was looking for me with the flashlight :S .....My god i was so scared.And that big sticky worm scared me when it appeared after that steel door..and when i saw it with his fangs following me i just stopped the game. After all i finished the first 2 episodes ( the most eciting episodes) and i took the trird episode.This one was not scarry at all...no monsters ...nothing...but i love all of them. A week ago i tooked Amnesia .This is much scarry then the penumbra series cause i don`t now what to espect from it...hopefully i haven`t met any zombies or something like this but i`m expecting to meet them very soon ....but anyway i don`t play this game alone because i`m too scared ....really
i hope that FrictionalGames will continue to make theese kind of games....but not so scarry...just interessing
Also i forgot to say about the spiders from the first episode...nasty creatures..when i was running throught thoose tunnels and when i had to brake some walls to escape, with the spiders on my tail just a few steps on me ... i was scared and desperate to brake thoose walls faster...Anyway i don`t recommend the fist two Penumbra episodes to anyone with nervous breakdown
and in the first path of penumbra at the end ...when you are in that hallway and the lights turns off one after another and when you see a shadw at the end of that corridor ...and the flashlight turns off remaining out of bateries right there...scarry :S :S
i just storyed all the game except the path when you must syncroniset with the linghts and if you don`t some shit will come outta those holes and kil you ...and some point you can`t synchronise anymore..and you must catch the right moment to run ...nasty this path too
i must say that calrence didn`t woke up from that table in penumbra BP i really didn`t saw him on that table .. my game just jumpped off that path and y don`t know why ..can`t understand Smile) lol i had some luck in that game by not seeyng calrence woking up from that table (with a time less scarry) lucky me Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2011, 11:35 AM by justsayno.)
07-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Find
justsayno Offline

for godness`sake don`t turn gamma until you hardly see for your own good ..thing about you heart....it will have to suffer
07-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Find
justsayno Offline

I have something to say about Penumbra: I never understood the story but i loved the game
07-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Find
CharlieSketch Offline

The scariest moment for me was where I had a boarded up door and the wolf bumped up against it and it shook. I screamed for probably 15 seconds, and ran far, far, far away.
I scare easily.
07-31-2011, 03:34 AM
Find
smapho123 Offline

Threads: 1

Hmm... let's see. The things that scared me the most were:
-The time I almost ran right into the dog
-When the dog broke through the door
-When the dog found me on a catwalk
-The spider eggs hatched
-A dog chased me down and killed me
-A dog was walking right behind me where I was hiding
-Both of the worm encounters
-Turning on the lights in Shaft 12
-The pounding on the door in Black Plague
-Dr. Eminess (not sure how you spell it) bursting out of the room
-The infected chase after the storage
-The body falling in the cave
-All of the Kennel
-Seeing the dead infected in the Examination Room (I thought he was going to come alive at any moment)
-And finally, the whole part where Clarence is trying to keep you from killing him (after the Chemical Lab)
I think that's about it.

Death is the final unknown.
08-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Find
lukemarshall53 Offline

this is going to sound a bit odd... by far the scariest moment of Penumbra: Black Plague, I thought, was when you were in a small room, the room in which you find a saw. An infected comes in, leaving you crouching behind what I remember to be cardboard boxes and an old piece of plyboard... the abhorrent tension; it's never clear whether or not the infected has left. that has to be the most immersive ninety seconds in the history of video gaming. also, running through the labyrinthine area, hunted by security cameras, at which point Clarence actually announces his terror.

As for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the entire game has me riveted to the edge of my seat in the best possible mix of anxiety and loneliness. again, probably the most immersive game I have ever played.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 10:41 AM by lukemarshall53.)
08-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Find
Brute Offline

Threads: 10

My biggest and heaviest shock moment in this game was soooo simple.

This fucking scene in the kennel, where the body falls down from the ceiling. I HAD SUCH A MUSCLE SPASM! Angry

The dogs, the infected, the scary environment... all of them was O.K.
But these scene has given me the rest.

I ran directly into it... Confused

08-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Find
T1Mplus Offline

For me the scariest thing in Overture was when you got chased by that big fucking worm and had to close the doors behind you. I failed sooooooooo many times on that part until I realized that you could break those planks that where holding up the roof Wink
08-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Find