Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Movies............
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Movies............

[Image: GlazedMcguffinLarge.png]
08-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Find
PrinceCola Offline

Threads: 8

The Ghost Writer and Taken. Takens is freakin awsome in that movie. Liam Neeson plays the cop(classic). So much win
But MY FAVORITE VIDEO OF ALL TIME IS THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLPm_IUx-Kc

If you dont laugh your lying.
here the sequel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9IA4XFPE...re=related
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2010, 10:29 PM by PrinceCola.)
08-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14

My favorite movies are Terminator and Terminator 2. They are old but still awesome. I consider them as one of those "More then meets the eye." type of movies.

btw What do you guys think about "Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom" movie?
08-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Find
bitzaxp90 Offline

Threads: 31

Hmm, I have alot of favorite movies Big Grin I like Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th(all parts..), I think those are my favorites =P
08-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

You like movies that make you think? Hm...

You liked "Memento"? Check out "Inception" made by the same director (Christopher Nolan, who also made "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight").

You liked "Donnie Darko"? Check out "Southland Tales" by the same director (Richard Kelly). There is also a sequel to "Donnie Darko" but I haven´t seen it (it´s called "S. Darko").

Go watch some movies by David Lynch; "Lost Highway", "Mulholland Drive", "Blue Velvet"... and watch all of "Twin Peaks" while you´re at it.

Someone else recommended "Cube 2 Hypercube". I concur! But watch the first "Cube" before part 2 and remember to watch "Cube Zero" afterwards.

Vincenzo Natali directed the first "Cube" movie. Check out his other movies: "Cypher", "Nothing", and "Splice".

Also you should check out movies directed by David Cronenberg (a bit more towards horror) and Terry Gilliam ("Brazil" in particular).

That´s some suggestions off the top of my head. Maybe I could think of more tomorrow.
(08-25-2010, 09:20 PM)Lee Wrote: The plot is based around a MacGuffin that's about as nonsensical as MacGuffins can be.

Well, JJ Abrams likes red balls... so...
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2010, 09:46 PM by spukrian.)
08-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

Threads: 16

seen inception. best movie of the year, the new tron may be the only competition. cube zero sucks ass, it removed the mystery of the series, S. darko WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE. i swear i would become a tv show producer to bring mystery science theater back and that would be the first episode because it was so horrible DONT WATCH IT

EDIT: and yes ive seen the first cube. i think i mentioned it in a previous comment saying i liked it but the second is slightly better in my opinion but the sex scene ruined the entire movie
08-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

(08-27-2010, 11:40 PM)RoyaleBeast Wrote: ...the sex scene ruined the entire movie

That must have been a terrible sex scene!

08-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

It is indeed a terrible and quite pointless sex scene...
08-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Find
superluser Offline

Threads: 3

This is more for Region 2 (Europe) than the US, because it's very difficult to find this Stateside, but When the Wind Blows is a tremendous film, with an ending that (while completely expected), has a hell of a lot of punch.

Imagine the guy who did the children's story The Snowman making a gritty, intimate portrait of two people in the middle of a nuclear holocaust, and...well, that's exactly what this is.

The basic plot centers around two British pensioners in Sussex during the run-up to a nuclear war with the USSR who follow the British government's then-current (early 1980s) and laughably pathetic advice.

I would think that many Penumbra/Amnesia fans would enjoy the apocalyptic film genre, and this one is probably the best of the bunch(*). The feeling of claustrophobia and helplessness is not unlike what you feel in Penumbra.

(*) See also Threads, The War Game, The Day After
08-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Find
Lenny Offline

Threads: 0

A bit of thread necromancy...

Anyways, if you are looking for some strange movies that makes you think a bit and where everything isn't spelled out you might like these two:

Franklyn - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0893402/
The Broken - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0906734/

Both movies are flawed in some ways but you might like them.

If you are into mystery movies and haven't already seen it you could check out my favorite one:

The Ninth Gate - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142688/
10-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Find