Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Rating?
DrPreston
Unregistered

Rating?

I hope u guys can make it so Overture is rated T.
I think the original tech demo could get away with T, and it was scary as heck. U don't need an M rating to be scary, plus, my dad lets me buy very few M games (Halo 2 and Splinter Cel Chaos Theory) and it's very hard to get him to approve one.

I'm psyched about Overture!
10-07-2006, 10:03 PM
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Rating?

Acually, I just asked this question a day or so ago, not sure if it was answered.

It might be rated teen. This is what I would expect this game to get though.
Blood and gore.
Mild(Might be severe, depends) Voilence.
Foul languege(Might be some notes that have swear words in it)
Scary images(Or whatever they use now)

Some of those are high traits of M rated game, but since you arn't really blowing up monsters so their guts go everywhere, it might be rated teen. Best of luck for you at getting this game though: )

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
10-08-2006, 01:47 AM
Website Find
Unregistered

It won't go beyond 16+. Making it 18+ (adult) will severly impare its ability to sell.
10-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

No idea yet, the story is going to be very mature and there will be some grim stuff happning.

On the other hand there will not be any killing sprees or people saying "fuck" all the time. Just have to wait and see.
10-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

Pssssssssst...Bribe the people who give the rating...
>_>
OOOOOOOO
So some stuff is stilll going onO_o "Grim stuff Happning
(Hopefully it will bold:S)
: )

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
10-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Website Find
Unregistered

I Think it will be something like Call of Chtullu. With Some Wery Gory and Shocking Scenes.
Remember, The forbidden is the Biggest temptation Wink
10-09-2006, 10:28 AM
xbolt Offline

Threads: 1

So long at it doesn't have swearing here, there, and everywhere, I'm good. Smile
10-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

xbolt Wrote:So long at it doesn't have swearing here, there, and everywhere, I'm good. Smile

You mean like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69XhM8O_THg

Tongue
10-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Find
Unregistered

Lol.

Siriously though, I don't see the logic behind that the game will most likely show disturbing content, then why should be swearing be a problem?
10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Zixinus Wrote:Lol.

Siriously though, I don't see the logic behind that the game will most likely show disturbing content, then why should be swearing be a problem?

Well I think that is just the way it work in some countries. Example:

"It would be a delight for me to remove thy head from ye body and release ye bodily fluids."
is OK

"I would be fucking happy to cut yo fucking head off and spill your shitty fucking guts out"
is not OK.

It is insane to me, but it is the way it works in some places.
10-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Find