Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Resetting brightness/contrast/gamma - way to view image at first startup again?
utosphere Offline

Threads: 1
Resetting brightness/contrast/gamma - way to view image at first startup again?

Tried searching, but I couldn't find anything on this - and admittedly, I gave up after a few attempts because of the 30-second search restriction.

Is there any way to see the screen that appears the first time you open the game again? I just started playing Overture, but accidentally clicked out of it before I had a chance to adjust my screen settings.

Alternatively, is it online anywhere (wasn't turning up anything on Google, but I might've been using the wrong search terms)? I've only found a thumbnail, which was too small to assess properly.
09-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Resetting brightness/contrast/gamma - way to view image at first startup again?

On the options screen, you can adjust Gamma up or down as you like.

But I don´t know how to get that screen to appear again (except uninstalling and reinstalling, but I don´t think you want to do that).
09-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Resetting brightness/contrast/gamma - way to view image at first startup again?

If you go to "My Documents\Penumbra Overture\Episode1" and open settings.cfg in notepad, you can edit the text that says FirstStart="false" to FirstStart="true". That will make the gamma setup screen show again the next time you start the game.
09-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Find
utosphere Offline

Threads: 1

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I actually ended up using the second game to fix my settings, figuring that it would have a similar screen, but it's good to know what to do in case I decide to play it again in the future.
09-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Find