Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Monsters AI is like 5 years ago
SmokeSum Offline

Threads: 7
Monsters AI is like 5 years ago

little ALERT for SPOILERS!

I noticed when you just jump on stones, tables or something the monster just can't hit or get you...he just keeps walking like crazy against the wall but doesn't do anything, best to proof this is in the Choir where the metal monster is.
This is what i did:

I lure the monster after me and i jumped on the broken pilar that is working as a bridge, after i got on this thing the monster just couldn't get me what made me laugh again in this game....

Realy this game was scary in beginning because i didn't know how dumb these monsters are but the further i go the lamer it get's making this game a glitch in many way's, these monsters aren't even scary cause when you just watch the walls they won't do anything even when they are 2 feet away!!!

Sorry to say but this game failed on AI the same problem was in Penumbra and you guy's didn't even fix the problem after so many years...
Don't get me wrong okay... i love what you guy's made but this is a real Bug that is effecting the gameplay and scaryness if you just keep your mind at the game it is so easy to make fun of these monsters making it look like: LALALALALA you can't get me retarded monster! here eat some stones and books!

Sorry to say but you guy's had to make those monsters learn to jump or climb making them look more dangerous, these monsters only can walk/run/attack and that's it, real shame for a game in 2010 this is a mistake we could accept 5 years ago but with technology from now this make this game look old...

Great work on the game making it look realy scary, but very shamefull about these little things that made a real difference in the gameplay of being more scared for the monsters...maybe a idea for Amnesia 2?
09-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Monsters AI is like 5 years ago

You missed the memo in the beginning of the game about immersing yourself, didn't you?

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Find
sacroid Offline

Threads: 11

(09-16-2010, 07:39 AM)NGW Wrote: You missed the memo in the beginning of the game about immersing yourself, didn't you?

True.

09-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

You don't have what it takes to survive.

09-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Website Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15

Doing things you specifically know will cause the monsters to glitch out is essentially cheating in these games.

Oh and PS: You aren't supposed to play to win.
09-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Find
SmokeSum Offline

I survived the game without death, maybe it's because i played games where enemy's would jump on you or come from under you instead of every time in front of you... Sometimes they scary you when they appear in a corner but only a scare for 3 seconds cause i just turn my head to the wall and wait again lol....

ABout this you where typing:

"You don't have what it takes to survive. "

I survived the game and took the monsters like they where blind grandpa's...Atmosphere in this game is amazing but just knowing these monsters are so dumb makes them weak enemy's, its like a ghost house with old school Skeletons that try to scary you....

Obviously you are easy scared cause when you keep your mind together the game isn't that unplayable scary...lol...Dead Space is scarier for me cause i know these enemy's can kill me and i have to watch my back and not turn my back to a monster to make him dissapear...i think that is just shit and took away all the real scare in this game, the monsters can see you only when looking..WTF..Shit there is Pinhead from Hellraiser! everyone walk to the wall and keep looking to the stones he will get bored to death and leave us alone Tongue
09-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

(09-17-2010, 12:35 AM)SmokeSum Wrote: I....WTF..Shit there is Pinhead from Hellraiser! everyone walk to the wall and keep looking to the stones he will get bored to death and leave us alone Tongue

You miss the point, as Daniel looks at the monster, his fear increases, as his fear increases he breaks out in a cold sweat, the monster can smell that sweat and hunt him down.
So don't look and calm down and the monster walks off.

If you want a game where you can look at and kill more up-to-date zombies, check out Left for Dead - I just played that game and its a great shooter. But, unfortunately, not scary.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Find
SmokeSum Offline

Quote:You miss the point, as Daniel looks at the monster, his fear increases, as his fear increases he breaks out in a cold sweat, the monster can smell that sweat and hunt him down.
So don't look and calm down and the monster walks off.

So this gameplay defintly doesn't work for me, i played horror games where enemy's where attacking you from all directions and realy made me nervous and scare the shit outa me if they suprise attack you...
These monsters only say: BUU!! and that's it! I can't get the point of what's scary about monsters that don't hurt you, just looking away from monsters all the game long makes this just a shitty game even i could make better monsters that would be challenging.
The trailer showed us e terrifying monster but the final game showed me only Glitchy buggy monsters...what's so good about that and scary?

The Water monster was a challenge cause he alway's attacked you when in water (to bad i only saw him in beginning and not in sewers, cause metal monster is fagget and stupid) , at least they should made the monsters more harder to outrun it's just to fucking easy man!

Quote:If you want a game where you can look at and kill more up-to-date zombies, check out Left for Dead - I just played that game and its a great shooter. But, unfortunately, not scary.

L4D is not about scary...OMG!!! L4D is pure online action game how can you compare such a game with this game??!! Dodgy

I just wanted to see real monsters that where a challenge to pass by them, monsters that could smell you if you where to close to them and kill you.
The system Amnesia uses is like a theme park Ghost house, you sit in your chair and watch the ride while nothing happens to you, this was the whole game and at the end i got dissapointed by a game i expected many more from.

I love the idea of Amnesia but i hate the fact monsters are retarded stupid if you get scared by these monsters then you realy shouldn't play Death Space, cause that game has 5.1 sound and drives you crazy when like 4 monsters are searching you and smell you all the time even without fear....
09-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

In case anyone would like to know SmokeSum has a one day ban, not for this thread (or any of the other 10 posts about the crappy AI) but for being rude to other forum members in threads and getting reported to us for this repeatedly.
09-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Well, I said he doesn't have what it takes to survive.

09-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Website Find