Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loads of problems
shaola Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Loads of problems

(09-28-2010, 10:01 PM)PissedOffUser Wrote: I can´t believe this actually worked, THANK YOU JINIX ! Heart really man
Solution: VirtualMachine (XP) ...

so, finally IT REALLY WAS driver issue, but you have been trolling and bodering all users in this forum by posting crappy answers and invading everybody threads you find.

I hope you have learned something about this and stop trolling.

your nickname is PissedOffUser but should be PissingOffEverybody
09-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3

(09-28-2010, 10:05 PM)shaola Wrote: so, finally IT REALLY WAS driver issue, but you have been trolling and bodering all users in this forum by posting crappy answers and invading everybody threads you find.

I hope you have learned something about this and stop trolling.

your nickname is PissedOffUser but should be PissingOffEverybody

Unfortunately, PC gamers today believe that if their computer can run the most demanding game on the market, their computer should be able to run anything else. While this seems like it would be the logical reasoning (and I understand why), it's not. Each component of a computer works differently independently and dependently.

There's nothing that can really be done about it. If they want to continue being stubborn, just let them have their broken game - although Frictional would say otherwise... they want everyone to be able to play Tongue. Even if the problem is fixed they'll still deny there was anything wrong with their computer.

Also, if any of you reply saying, "Well at least someone recommended a fix, the devs were no help at all BAAAW!" it's because developers would NEVER recommend a fix such as downloading something similar to emulation software to run their game; too many liabilities would ensue if it trashed the consumer's computer.
09-29-2010, 04:03 AM
Find
PissedOffUser Offline

Threads: 2

Yes you are right, each Computer has its own components and - thats the critical point - its own configuration. Thats what makes it hard to find the issue sometimes. What makes it even more complicated, is the aspect with the software (like OS, Antivirus programs...). Its not easy. But why for god sake does it always have to be "check your drivers" Dodgy
09-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Find
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11

(09-29-2010, 11:05 AM)PissedOffUser Wrote: But why for god sake does it always have to be "check your drivers" Dodgy

Because it's the solution 99,9% of the time.
09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Find
shaola Offline

Threads: 1

(09-29-2010, 11:05 AM)PissedOffUser Wrote: Yes you are right, each Computer has its own components and - thats the critical point - its own configuration. Thats what makes it hard to find the issue sometimes. What makes it even more complicated, is the aspect with the software (like OS, Antivirus programs...). Its not easy. But why for god sake does it always have to be "check your drivers" Dodgy

Yeah, I see ... As I said, IT WAS drivers issue as it is in most cases.
But oviusly you know more than people who works developing games.

Please, forgive me, i did not notice how much you know about programing, opengl, amnesia engine and drivers.

We should all apologize. It's not fair to make you lose your time to advice all users with problems that checking their drivers is not going to be a solution.

sorry man. if i knew that you were just a little child i would haven't done it.
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Find
PissedOffUser Offline

Threads: 2

I´m so troll-like because I´m living a really really fucked up live, but thats something else and doesnt belong here, I know that but I have to unload my shitload of anger somewhere, sorry that it has to be Amnesia and its forum..

Oh and yes, I DO know "something" about programing. I went to an IT-school for 3years and learned programing c++ and html.

But well, just ignore me from now on I think thats the best, I would do the same
09-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3

(09-29-2010, 11:12 PM)PissedOffUser Wrote: I´m so troll-like because I´m living a really really fucked up live, but thats something else and doesnt belong here, I know that but I have to unload my shitload of anger somewhere, sorry that it has to be Amnesia and its forum..

Oh and yes, I DO know "something" about programing. I went to an IT-school for 3years and learned programing c++ and html.

But well, just ignore me from now on I think thats the best, I would do the same

Hey we all have our ups and downs, it's nothing to sweat about. At least you realize it was the drivers and didn't stay in denial. A lot of people don't even have the decency to do that. Either way, glad the suggested fix worked and hope that you enjoy the game. Wink
09-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Find
311alien Offline

Threads: 7

(09-30-2010, 12:43 AM)Spiegelman Wrote:
(09-29-2010, 11:12 PM)PissedOffUser Wrote: I´m so troll-like because I´m living a really really fucked up live, but thats something else and doesnt belong here, I know that but I have to unload my shitload of anger somewhere, sorry that it has to be Amnesia and its forum..

Hey we all have our ups and downs, it's nothing to sweat about. At least you realize it was the drivers and didn't stay in denial. A lot of people don't even have the decency to do that. Either way, glad the suggested fix worked and hope that you enjoy the game. Wink

"...and hope that you enjoy the game. Wink" Like the rest of us have been for awhile now...hehe Wink JK! Glad you are finally able to play. I've been a PC gamer for years, but finally went to a console (still play a PC game here and there). I'm in IT as a profession and am sick of constantly upgrading my PC to play the next game. Enjoy Amnesia! Don't forget the forum (pun intended)
09-30-2010, 03:11 AM
Find