Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEMO could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg
SubWoofer Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: DEMO could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg

(10-01-2010, 04:29 PM)Urkle Wrote: check the "libs" folder in the game install directory. Is there a symlink to "libopenal.so.1" there?

If not, probably your system openal library is broke. Run this command to tell the game to use the included openal
cd /install/dir/AmnesiaDemo
ln -s all/libopenal.so.1 libs/libopenal.so.1

If it IS there, then try installing the openal library in your distribution and re-run the "checklibs.sh" script.

Hang on... Im not so hot computers (but that wont stop me from playing amnesia Tongue), but it sounds like this could actually fix my game from crashing as soon as I launch it, so my question is... How do i get the game to run a 'Command'? I tried to google it but i had no such luck, as the only search results that i could find were for non-Mac computers. Please help me out, thanks in advance!
01-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: DEMO could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg

(01-12-2011, 11:46 PM)SubWoofer Wrote: Hang on... Im not so hot computers (but that wont stop me from playing amnesia Tongue), but it sounds like this could actually fix my game from crashing as soon as I launch it, so my question is... How do i get the game to run a 'Command'? I tried to google it but i had no such luck, as the only search results that i could find were for non-Mac computers. Please help me out, thanks in advance!

Are you running the game on a Mac? If so this will not fix you issue and you should post a new thread in the Mac forums asking for assistance.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
01-13-2011, 02:56 AM
Website Find
SubWoofer Offline

Threads: 1

(01-13-2011, 02:56 AM)Urkle Wrote:
(01-12-2011, 11:46 PM)SubWoofer Wrote: Hang on... Im not so hot computers (but that wont stop me from playing amnesia Tongue), but it sounds like this could actually fix my game from crashing as soon as I launch it, so my question is... How do i get the game to run a 'Command'? I tried to google it but i had no such luck, as the only search results that i could find were for non-Mac computers. Please help me out, thanks in advance!

Are you running the game on a Mac? If so this will not fix you issue and you should post a new thread in the Mac forums asking for assistance.

Yes I am, and i suppose I will... look foward to speaking with you in the near future Urkle!
01-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Find