Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
[REL] "My Love" -- ver. 1.0
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
[REL] "My Love" -- ver. 1.0

This was the development thread for "My Love."

My Love has been released, so please to either of the following locations for more information:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12986.html
http://www.moddb.com/mods/my-love

Thanks! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2012, 04:56 PM by graykin.)
10-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Find
Tyrant T100 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: "My Love" -- WIP

The premise reminds me of Dear Esther, which is a very good thing, keep up the good work.
10-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

Nice, it reminds me too of Dear Esther like the one above me

10-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Okay, my first beta map has been uploaded. Please check the original post for more details.
10-23-2010, 05:06 AM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

Frame-rate - not so good in the starting area, but it gets better throughout other parts of the map. Nice architecture, it works for Amnesia without looking too much like all the other stuff :p

As for visual problems, apart from the obvious missing rooms (I assume you didn't get to those parts, otherwise that is one big graphical problem :S) I saw a bookshelf in the library that had a book-set sticking out the side through the wood, but that was it.

Also, you might use MediaFire, there's no wait-time or download limit.

10-23-2010, 06:02 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

I tested your map and it looks pretty good. It had some cool unique looking rooms like the one with big bookcases (i like that you can climb on top of them) and that little church-like room. You're doing a good job of using old objects in new ways like the banner as curtains, and by resizing them etc.

I had no framerate problems, was at a constant 60fps (my computer is pretty good though).

I found graphical errors all over the place, mostly things clipping through other things. Some other things just looked strange/bad, like the wooden ceiling of the dining room. And generally, all your rooms need more detail, more stuff in them. Oh, and your box lights are very obvious when you can see them end in the middle of a room...

It looks pretty good so far so keep working on it. I'd love to play a nice story-driven level.

PS. You don't need to include the big .map_cache files with your level
10-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Find
graykin Offline

(10-23-2010, 06:02 AM)Kurton Wrote: As for visual problems, apart from the obvious missing rooms (I assume you didn't get to those parts, otherwise that is one big graphical problem :S) I saw a bookshelf in the library that had a book-set sticking out the side through the wood, but that was it.

D'oh, I thought I had found all of those phantom books! Guess not...that shall be rectified immediately.

(10-23-2010, 06:02 AM)Kurton Wrote: Also, you might use MediaFire, there's no wait-time or download limit.

I'll keep that in mind, I don't know of any file-upload sites, except Mega Upload.

@nofsky:
Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, I definitely have to work on those box lights a little bit...I wish you could get them to sort-of fade out at the ends of the light volume, that would make my job a bit easier. Wink

But yeah, I'll double-check all of the rooms for the strange clipping...I thought I had been thorough about it, but I guess not. That's why it pays to have others take a look though.
10-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Find
Pojoman Offline

Threads: 1
RE: "My Love" -- Beta map released

I really wanna check this out but I cant download from megaupload, you could try something like filefront to host it, its free I believe.
10-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Find
graykin Offline

(10-23-2010, 10:41 PM)Pojoman Wrote: I really wanna check this out but I cant download from megaupload, you could try something like filefront to host it, its free I believe.

Never thought about using Filefront...*facepalm*

Okay, I uploaded it to Filefront as well. I had an account with them, I just never used it until now, really.
10-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Find
dietpills101 Offline

Threads: 0

Finally. A custom story that is NOT about monsters and scary stuff. I've been dying to see one of those in this brilliant engine.

Cheers.
10-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Find