Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What Scares You?
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7
RE: What Scares You?

(07-27-2016, 07:49 PM)IIPEE Wrote: The known presence of an unknown.

After the unknown becomes known, it can be analyzed and studied. Therefore what I experienced in the past as a threat is no longer scary due to knowledge of how it does and why it does or doesn't. Fear turns into respect or admiration and you act accordingly to avoid problems.

Something that resembles human 80-95%, but something is slightly but seriously off.

For example I hated the twitching heads in Afraid of Monsters, but after a certain amount of time I had gained enough experience to conclude that the twitching itself did absolutely nothing thus that lost it's effect for the most part.

The tuungait zombies are still my favourite Frictional trademark monster, my second-favourite would be anything they created that wears a bulky diving suit.
07-27-2016, 10:00 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

My exes
07-28-2016, 02:10 AM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5

Excellent replies from the community, very interesting. I'll have to reply to some of these when I have a moment.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
07-28-2016, 03:02 AM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Death doesn't scare me, but being forgotten does.

07-28-2016, 07:52 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(07-28-2016, 07:52 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Death doesn't scare me, but being forgotten does.

Death itself wouldn't scare me if I wasn't taught about religion. But thinking about the concept of eternal damnation whilst being christian? This is something that sickens me.
07-28-2016, 01:25 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I can't even fathom how that would even work, but it sounds like you got the short end of the stick.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016, 02:55 PM by Mudbill.)
07-28-2016, 02:55 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

Imagine that you wake up and want to go drink something. You're walking to kitchen and there's mirror somewhere in the way. You see yourself, but without any details of face. Or your reflection is doing something you're not doing. That would be creepy as hell Big Grin

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
07-30-2016, 04:57 PM
Website Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(07-30-2016, 04:57 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: Imagine that you wake up and want to go drink something. You're walking to kitchen and there's mirror somewhere in the way. You see yourself, but without any details of face. Or your reflection is doing something you're not doing. That would be creepy as hell Big Grin

Imagine having a glass panned door in your house. It's late night during winter, you go downstairs only to notice a person, seemingly standing behind the door, albeit there are no footprints visible on the snow. Then, rapidly, moments before having your throat sliced, you realize the person was not outside - he was inside all along, and what you saw through the glass was his reflection.
07-30-2016, 05:17 PM
Find
Koopa Rs07 Offline

Threads: 30

What scares me:
- Grudge and The Ring looking girls
Spoiler below!
[Image: 7zr2Thz.png]

- Something coming towards you in pitch black darkness

- Normal-looking clowns with long red noses (without sharp teeth, blood and grotesque features)
Spoiler below!
[Image: OUwG6od.png]
- Paranormal Footage (even though I'm quite skeptic) ghost pictures and videos give me goosebumps
Spoiler below!
[Image: 6cXcRFM.png]

- Other dimensional beings

- Shadow men/black mass figurines (paranormal or supernatural humanoid presence)

- Animated clothes with no one under them. I've had nightmares of this before.
Spoiler below!
[Image: 3rg0EQx.png]

- Finding out there's a face outside the bedroom window.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 01:18 AM by Koopa Rs07.)
08-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

When it comes to somethings looking human but with slight, noticeable differences, read this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

Btw, almost every slipknot mask is a perfect design for a psycho killer.

Personally, inhuman or twitchy movement freaks me out. Stuff like the ring or the monster from P.T.
Speaking of which, anything what should be dead and comes alive is scary as hell. Not like zombies, they're much too dumb. Imagine a horribly cut up person standing up, looking at you and perhaps speaking.

And yeah, vague presences in darkness are creepy as fuck.
When it comes to places, somewhere where you expect people and it's completely empty, especially big and open locations. Wait, do I have agoraphobia or what ?

08-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Find