Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia dream/nightmare stories
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Amnesia dream/nightmare stories

There's probably a thread for this, but I'm too lazy to trudge through a million pages of threads to look for it.

Had my first Amnesia dream last night. I was trying to get to the garage and drive off in my car when, suddenly, Melty appeared. I had to get through the living room, kitchen, and breezeway, and the chase was devastating. I woke up an hour before my alarm went off.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
11-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Website Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Amnesia dream/nightmare stories

awesome !

me, it was alexander, he was my boss at a company, a pure sadique !
when someone didn't finished a report at time, he killed him in secret !!

XD
11-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

well ima lucid dreamer. ive never considered dreaming about amnesia, but ill give it a try!
11-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Website Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

I find that if I tell myself "Tonight, I will not dream about-insert scary thing here-"
then I don't dream about it. I tend to dream about things that are in the back of my mind during the day so I know better than to go to bed without checking off the spooky stuff I have seen that day.

Lucid dreaming is very exciting to do but it kind of screws with your head and can be emotionaly draining. It also leaves you a bit tired the next day from all the brain activity you have put in the night before.

Here's a fun tip. If you have vivid dreams but wake up just as you realise you're in one. Look at your hands and turn them around a few times. It helps to distract your mind from getting over-excited and will prolong the dream. I have also heard that turning around on the spot helps to refresh your dream-state before you get overstimulated and wake up.

I could go on and on about this but maybe another time.

P.S. Try working in a fast food outlet. The grinding monotony and repitition will give you what I call "Subway Dreams" where you manifest the same boring scenarios of working in your sleep.
As if it wasn't bad enough to work there during the day. Now they get you at night.
11-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(11-05-2010, 02:11 AM)mattwestwick Wrote: Lucid dreaming is very exciting to do but it kind of screws with your head and can be emotionaly draining. It also leaves you a bit tired the next day from all the brain activity you have put in the night before.

I always make it a point to wake myself up about halfway through the night and go back to sleep and actually sleep. So I spend half my time doing crazy awesome badassery and half actually resting!
11-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Website Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

I was lying awake for a bit last night thinking about my custom story I'm working on. This made me dream that I was playing the next game from Frictional, which was scary but looked surprisingly similar to Amnesia and was way too short! A real nightmare! Tongue
11-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(11-05-2010, 05:02 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: I always make it a point to wake myself up about halfway through the night and go back to sleep and actually sleep. So I spend half my time doing crazy awesome badassery and half actually resting!

Your control over your own head is very enviable. At least from where I'm standing/gibbering.
11-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

Interupting your sleep cycles is a great way of inducing lucid dreams. You tend not to be conscious of dreaming in deep sleep as opposed to light sleeping at the end of a cycle.

This is why you tend to have vivid dreams when your alarm clock wakes you up but you continue to doze in and out of consciousness for a few hours or ten Smile

Sleeping patterns tend to be in blocks of four hours so you can adjust to this to catch yourself just on the cusp of light sleeping. try sleeping from 11pm-7am but set your alarm for 6am and just whack the snooze button constantly for an hour. Fun times.

It's a really interesting hobby but people tend not to talk about it because it can be very personal sometimes. Perhaps it's really electromagnetic waves that manipulate our thoughts.
But that would be a conspiracy and I'm far to civilised to go down that route.
11-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I've experienced the more vivid dreaming as I slip incompletely into/out of sleep, but it's never been lucid. Sounds great.
11-06-2010, 04:18 AM
Find
Joseph Curwen Offline

Threads: 8

I had a dream about amnesia featuring the infected ones from black plague. But surprisingly they look very like the pale, childeating man in the movie pan's labyrinth. That was kind of confusing...
11-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Find