Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

OMG!
Smooth Offline

Threads: 1
OMG!

Oh my god o.O
I played this game with a friend of mine this evening and we eventually ended up in the cellar/prison area. When we reached the kitchen after some horrific moments, we heard another monster sound and we went behind a wall in the corner near the Acid barrel.

We still heard the monster but thought he was going away. As we were about to walk away again we saw the monster quickly came from behind the wall but luckily didn't see us and dissapeared.
My friend got scared so badly that he flew to the other side of the room xD.
I nearly shit myself at that moment. It was so damn scary!

And that wasn't the only thing that scared us so freaking badly.
At a certain point we reached a gate with a weak lock on it inside the Prison map. We threw the acid on it and use the hammer/chisel thing and we heard a growl from behind. We saw a zombie coming and ran like hell through a dark tunnel. No lights nothing we ran through the darkness.
When we came to a dead end, we still heard the foodsteps, growling and terrifying sounds. We turned around and the monster's head was like right in our face!!! I nearly had a heartattack and i'm not even talking about my friend's reaction yet Tongue
He nearly screamed and ran out of the room hahahaha.

That this game makes you so scared that you nearly shit yourself or fly to the other side of the room is so impressive! I never had this feeling before with horror games.
I really love this game Big Grin The adrenaline rush is effing awesome!

10/10 rated by me!
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2010, 12:25 AM by Smooth.)
11-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Find
house Offline

Threads: 11
RE: OMG!

HA HA! The part that made me OH CRUD! was the part when I finally had all the orb peices and I was in the Chancel. I went up the stairs and opened the door. Went out to the bridge then HOLY FREAK! THREE GRUNTS FREAKING CHARGING TORWARDS ME!!!! I ran back and thought that I didn't have enough time to close the door and I got killed! Acculty, that part didn't scare me. I was just like HOLY COW!

A part that really scared me is after all the stuff I just talking about, the holy crap part. I got out of my cell and found the key to unlock the door out of the cell room. I was walking down the hallway and then all the sudden, I look back, HOLY MANAYS! THE SHADOW IS GROWING TOWARDS ME! MAD!!!!! I ran like life, closing the doors behind me. I Almost died, but I ran away. FEW! Smile
11-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Find
Nospheratu Offline

Whoa, hold the spoilers so Smooth can write some more OMG posts Wink

I've read somewhere that the prison is generaly the place where most players stop playing for a while or at least take a longer brake and oh boy was I one of them Sad But you know what? My girlfriend is playing it too now and she just picked up the empty glass jar, so I'm snickering in anticipation Big Grin

Better to reign in hell than to be a servant in heaven.
11-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

Amnesia isn't scary if someone is there with you.... Tongue Try it alone at night with headphones and you will see how the game is meant to be played.
11-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Website Find
davva Offline

personaly i don't find these games "scary" as you would define it, ok i must admit i almost shat my pants at the end off Penumbra: Overture. but thats it.
I find Penumbra and Amnesia more of an adrenaline rush, i and hope that FG keeps it that way. I hate when game designers do "BOO!" scares, it just makes the game not enjoyable to me. Personaly i find Penumbra and Amnesia the best Survival horror games ever made, i love that there is only you and you have no means to defend yourself. it just makes it so much "OMG HOLY SHIT I NEED TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE" than lets say F.E.A.R where you can just blast your way through the whole game.

i'm not trying to make myself a internet tough guy but i don't find Amnesia alongside Penumbra as scary as F.E.A.R, there is something about little children that just makes me wanna cringe up in a corner and die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4NmNwKaHj8
at 2:14, fucking christ.

well even tho Little children is kinda of an cliché it still freaks me out and i fucking hate the Grudge movies, i almost cry out of fear when i see the the ghost :'(

11-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

(11-08-2010, 02:13 PM)davva Wrote: personaly i don't find these games "scary" as you would define it, ok i must admit i almost shat my pants at the end off Penumbra: Overture. but thats it.
I find Penumbra and Amnesia more of an adrenaline rush, i and hope that FG keeps it that way. I hate when game designers do "BOO!" scares, it just makes the game not enjoyable to me. Personaly i find Penumbra and Amnesia the best Survival horror games ever made, i love that there is only you and you have no means to defend yourself. it just makes it so much "OMG HOLY SHIT I NEED TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE" than lets say F.E.A.R where you can just blast your way through the whole game.

i'm not trying to make myself a internet tough guy but i don't find Amnesia alongside Penumbra as scary as F.E.A.R, there is something about little children that just makes me wanna cringe up in a corner and die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4NmNwKaHj8
at 2:14, fucking christ.

well even tho Little children is kinda of an cliché it still freaks me out and i fucking hate the Grudge movies, i almost cry out of fear when i see the the ghost :'(

Games like FEAR make me jump every now and then but I'm not really scared. I was never scared to continue in those games. I knew that I could fight back and the weapon in my hands gave me a lot of confidence.

When I was 14 and played TESIV:Oblivion for the first time, the zombies were also scary, until I put them on fire and fired some arrows at their head.

In Amnesia, if you immerse yourself in this game, you are Daniel, you don't want to die, you have to survive and you're constantly on the lookout for monsters. Every time I enter a room I block the door with barrels and other objects, even if I'm 100% sure that there are no monsters nearby. But I get so immersed that I'm extra careful.
In Amnesia, there are times when I'm just too scared to continue. I never had to cry or yell, but I used a lot of swear words while playing Amnesia Angel And sometimes I had to stop playing and continued the next day.

11-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Find
Smooth Offline

(11-08-2010, 01:47 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: Amnesia isn't scary if someone is there with you.... Tongue Try it alone at night with headphones and you will see how the game is meant to be played.

I was with a friend like i said in my post Tongue It still freakin scared the shit out of me. The reason why is because my friend can hear everything but i can't. That makes it extra scary because your missing the sound part of the game as a player wich is very important in discovering wether there is a monster or not.
11-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

You're such a he-man stone cold killer in FEAR, why would you get scared?

Even at the end of the first one
Spoiler below!
when scary supernatural monsters are after you, bullets keep working.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2010, 11:24 PM by hollowleviathan.)
11-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Find
w3sp Offline

Threads: 4

I recently finished Amnesia and it was the scariest game I've ever played.

I also like to remember when I just escaped from the water horror monster and felt "safe" again in the nice big room with the releasing music. But then came the storage room, where I literally had to give the game a short break of a few days before I gathered up enough motivation again to continue.

After that I could make quite a progress again.....until the prison part which was soooo scary.

After I finished Amnesia I started to try out the Penumbra games (already finished Overture and am currently in the early part of Black Plague) which are quite scary to. Just when I entered the first bigger mine part with the dog patrolling around it was so god damn creepy. Later on the game was still very scary, but not as much anymore just due to the fact that you can defend yourself. I ended up camping on a box and then jump down, slash the dog and jump onto the bog again.

PS: I only played it during night in a darkroom and with headphones on. Best experience and the "true man mode" Smile
11-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Find
Mr. X Offline

Threads: 6

When i first played the water monster chase scene, i have to admit, i got so shocked that i literally couldnt move after i completed it. I just did a facepalm of relief and was glad that it was over, after that i didnt even look at water for the rest of the game...

Oh yeah and once i played Amnesia for 3 h straight (a really bad idea btw), it was my first playthrough, i was in the storage and i had just gotten the rods for the elevator, i was an emotional wreck after all the sounds and creepy events, so when i got out of the room i started quietly sneaking, then as i turned my head around a corner to check for zombies.. Boom Boom suprise there he was, i just stared at him and let him kill me.

And i am not exaggerating, these are both true stories lol
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2010, 09:52 PM by Mr. X.)
11-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Find