Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publishing addon (Steam Workshop)
MedDolphin Offline

Threads: 3
Publishing addon (Steam Workshop)

Hey!
There's a Hungarian Translation I made together with a friend of mine, and it has been public for a while but we considered publishing it in the Steam Workshop.
How do I start uploading it?
I know I have a "WorkshopModUploader.exe" file in my directory but that's all.

Is it possible to upload the full translation (textures+subtitles) or only the subtitles?
12-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Publishing addon (Steam Workshop)

Hey there!

You will want to take a look at this page on the wiki. Since you have created a translation project, this counts as an addon. Follow the instructions as required to set up your mod using the appropriate relative directories, and then run the WorkshopModUploader.exe file that you mentioned and follow the prompts Smile

https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl3/tu...d-creation

In terms of textures, it may prove a little difficult. Editing images or graphics to alter the language will certainly prove troublesome, especially if you're trying to replicate the fontstyle or the context. That said, if you choose to do so, it's the same process; use a relative directory and a matching filename. Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 01:58 PM by Romulator.)
12-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Find
MedDolphin Offline

(12-18-2017, 01:54 PM)Romulator Wrote: In terms of textures, it may prove a little difficult. Editing images or graphics to alter the language will certainly prove troublesome, especially if you're trying to replicate the fontstyle or the context. That said, if you choose to do so, it's the same process; use a relative directory and a matching filename. Smile

Thanks!
The graphical translation is also done, we wanted to make a fully translated game, not only subtitles Smile
We made an .exe file to make the installation easier, but Steam Workshop could be a great alternatative Smile

(12-18-2017, 01:54 PM)Romulator Wrote: Follow the instructions as required to set up your mod using the appropriate relative directories, and then run the WorkshopModUploader.exe file that you mentioned and follow the prompts Smile

Thank you for helping me out!
Just uploaded the full translation to the Workshop, I need to test it before publishing it, but everything seems good so far Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 02:55 PM by MedDolphin.)
12-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Find
MedDolphin Offline

The addon is finally published in the Workshop! Thank you for helping me out! Smile

If anyone is interrested in our full translation:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...1235627790
12-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

No problem mate! Glad to hear it all worked out! Since all is solved, I'll go ahead and close the thread. Smile Feel free to post about your addon in our Showcase section! Smile

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-81.html

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-19-2017, 06:32 AM
Find