Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No SOMA file in Documents/My Games
CrippledDuck
Unregistered

Not Solved No SOMA file in Documents/My Games
I referenced the graphics card trouble shooting for the game (it is failing to launch) and a key component is referencing the HPL.log file under Documents/My Games/SOMA. The problem I'm having is that no SOMA folder exists under My Games. 

I have all of my Steam games saved on a separate drive from my C: drive. Could that be the issue?

Also, when I try to run the game manually from the folder itself, I get the attached error code:

The code execution cannot proceed because VCOMP100.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

I have updated all graphics drivers.

Please help.

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 77.19 KB / Downloads: 138)
02-15-2019, 06:48 PM
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
Not Solved RE: No SOMA file in Documents/My Games
I also have SOMA installed on a separate drive from my C drive and it runs fine. It should still put the log files in the "Documents/My Games/SOMA" folder on your C drive no matter where the game itself is installed.

VCOMP100.DLL is a file related to the Visual C++ 2010 Runtime that should've been installed when you first installed SOMA through Steam. You should try to uninstall and reinstall that.

02-15-2019, 07:15 PM
Find
Unregistered

The folder doesn't exist. Don't know what the deal is.

As far as the C++, it won't let me install because I'm being told I already have a newer version installed, and I don't know how to get it specifically with the game folder? Not even sure what they heck it's asking.
02-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
Visual Studio C++ 2010 Runtime is one of SOMA's dependencies. The first time you launch the game after you install it from Steam, it would've been one of the things that Steam automatically installs.

Go into your "Add and Remove Programs" and uninstall any versions of "Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" (from memory, not sure if that's the exact name) before trying to reinstall it.

02-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Find
Unregistered

I've tried that again. Did not work.
02-19-2019, 04:43 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.