Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture Pt 1 Workshop
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Overture Pt 1 Workshop

just asking...why is this in the modification forum Tongue

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
12-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Find
vlsaggerson Offline

Threads: 1

(12-14-2010, 09:08 PM)xiphirx Wrote:
(12-14-2010, 08:54 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Reading a walkthrough witha modicum of self-control will get you only the information you need. It's not an inferior method, just a different one.
Asking on a forum takes time, reading a walkthrough is instant. If you trust yourself that little, you can always have someone else read the walkthrough for you.

I suppose, but I just hate it when I see some idiot grab a game along with the walkthrough in stores. Seriously, they're already anticipating that they'll be stuck. Plus, there are much better free ones available online.

I'm getting too off-topic, sorry.

Hi there

I would just like to mention that I am a 69year old lady who has never played this kind of game before and I just used the walkthrough when I was really stuck.., I thought I had done rather well up till then and I was sick of the damn dog in the corridor and I didn´t know what to do next, perhaps I am too old for these kind of games after all
vls
12-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

(12-15-2010, 02:13 PM)vlsaggerson Wrote:
(12-14-2010, 08:54 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Reading a walkthrough witha modicum of self-control will get you only the information you need. It's not an inferior method, just a different one.
Asking on a forum takes time, reading a walkthrough is instant. If you trust yourself that little, you can always have someone else read the walkthrough for you.

I suppose, but I just hate it when I see some idiot grab a game along with the walkthrough in stores. Seriously, they're already anticipating that they'll be stuck. Plus, there are much better free ones available online.

Hi there

I would just like to mention that I am a 69year old lady who has never played this kind of game before and I just used the walkthrough when I was really stuck.., I thought I had done rather well up till then and I was sick of the damn dog in the corridor and I didn´t know what to do next, perhaps I am too old for these kind of games after all
vls

Sorry, something is telling me that you're not 69. It doesn't really matter actually. Its not like you are much less incapable of exploring things when you hit a certain age (well, maybe if you get Alzheimer). No one is ever too old for games in my opinion. It's a form of entertainment that suits anyone, although I'm a bit surprised that someone as old as you (if you truly are 69) is playing a game that cause problems.
12-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Find
vlsaggerson Offline

Threads: 1

(12-15-2010, 07:09 PM)xiphirx Wrote:
(12-15-2010, 02:13 PM)vlsaggerson Wrote:

Hi there

vls

Sorry, something is telling me that you're not 69. It doesn't really matter actually. Its not like you are much less incapable of exploring things when you hit a certain age (well, maybe if you get Alzheimer). No one is ever too old for games in my opinion. It's a form of entertainment that suits anyone, although I'm a bit surprised that someone as old as you (if you truly are 69) is playing a game that cause problems.

Yes I really am 69 and I am disappointed to be accused of telling lies, if anything is letting me down I would say my sight is not as good as it might be, and if I was to guess your age I would say I think you are about 11
vls
12-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

As for the walkthrough issues mentioned earlier. Yea, its horrible, but some people are completionists and feel they only get the full experience if they the game exactly how the walkthrough tells them, finding every little secret.
12-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Website Find