Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

>|>|>|!!! Your Best Moment's In Amnesia The Dark Descent !!!|<|<|<
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
RE: >|>|>|>|>!!! Your Best Moment's In Amnesia The Dark Descent !!!<|<|<|<|<

Frictional games forum =/= youtube

So there's no reason you need a attention whore title, and save the sub-spam for youtube.

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Find
nihilist Offline

Threads: 0
RE: >|>|>|!!! Your Best Moment's In Amnesia The Dark Descent !!!|<|<|<

Not sure where it would be better to post this (i don't think it deserves a new thread) and the title does say "best moments". Well, the game was quite kick-ass but there are two moments which really stood out for me:

Spoiler below!
First, the Transept happened to be the last chamber i went to before going towards the orb chamber (and getting stop midway by three of those godforsaken atrocitiesBig Grin) and it must have been the most illuminating (pun intended) tense and frightening moment in the whole game, even if there's not a single enemy in the level. I investigated the rooms below first and then went upstairs, and while I appreciated the fact that through the course of the game you had, to some extent, a freedom in the order in which the areas were investigated and the puzzles solved, maybe some linearity would have worked here. It would have been nice to create some sort of puzzle that involved the three rooms, in such a way that solely by completing it you would have been granted access upstairs. The cool thing would have been that once the puzzle was solved and you crawled out of those awful dark corridors, to find the whole Transept bathed in hellish light and dead prisoners in all the cages (there was one of them at a certain point, but more is better in this caseBig Grin). Also, once the upstairs chamber was taken care off, it would have been really nice to hear this unearthly howl and have some gruesome unimaginable monstrosity take shape in that illuminated hall. I guess it fits the bill, after witnessing all the horrors in those torture chambers, it would be nice for all that fear, pain and grief to take some sort of shape. There's the question of how you'd run past such a thing, but I guess it would be interesting to make it blind so that creeping really really slowly and as far away from it as possible would make it safe for you to traverse the hall. Of course, any normal person would probably be incredibly scared by this point and you can have the monster walk around randomly, so it remains an intense experience.

The second most insane moment was in the morgue. I entered the room with the dead guy and I told myself, "hmm, let's look for a good place to hide, in case something comes out of that dark corridor. Let's open the door on the right...AAAA...HOLY SHIIII..." and I slammed the door shut. It was the one with the pile of rotting corpses in filthy water, it will haunt me forever. Then I said "ok, not in here..." and ran opening the other door..."...TTTTT!!!!", as it too was filled with a pile of corpses.

Frictional Games, you're next title must clearly begin with a butt-naked protagonist, getting up from a pile of corpses in some putrid, horrid dungeon, with no recollection whatsoever about anything.Big Grin
12-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38

(12-28-2010, 05:12 PM)nihilist Wrote: Not sure where it would be better to post this (i don't think it deserves a new thread) and the title does say "best moments". Well, the game was quite kick-ass but there are two moments which really stood out for me:

Spoiler below!
First, the Transept happened to be the last chamber i went to before going towards the orb chamber (and getting stop midway by three of those godforsaken atrocitiesBig Grin) and it must have been the most illuminating (pun intended) tense and frightening moment in the whole game, even if there's not a single enemy in the level. I investigated the rooms below first and then went upstairs, and while I appreciated the fact that through the course of the game you had, to some extent, a freedom in the order in which the areas were investigated and the puzzles solved, maybe some linearity would have worked here. It would have been nice to create some sort of puzzle that involved the three rooms, in such a way that solely by completing it you would have been granted access upstairs. The cool thing would have been that once the puzzle was solved and you crawled out of those awful dark corridors, to find the whole Transept bathed in hellish light and dead prisoners in all the cages (there was one of them at a certain point, but more is better in this caseBig Grin). Also, once the upstairs chamber was taken care off, it would have been really nice to hear this unearthly howl and have some gruesome unimaginable monstrosity take shape in that illuminated hall. I guess it fits the bill, after witnessing all the horrors in those torture chambers, it would be nice for all that fear, pain and grief to take some sort of shape. There's the question of how you'd run past such a thing, but I guess it would be interesting to make it blind so that creeping really really slowly and as far away from it as possible would make it safe for you to traverse the hall. Of course, any normal person would probably be incredibly scared by this point and you can have the monster walk around randomly, so it remains an intense experience.

The second most insane moment was in the morgue. I entered the room with the dead guy and I told myself, "hmm, let's look for a good place to hide, in case something comes out of that dark corridor. Let's open the door on the right...AAAA...HOLY SHIIII..." and I slammed the door shut. It was the one with the pile of rotting corpses in filthy water, it will haunt me forever. Then I said "ok, not in here..." and ran opening the other door..."...TTTTT!!!!", as it too was filled with a pile of corpses.

Frictional Games, you're next title must clearly begin with a butt-naked protagonist, getting up from a pile of corpses in some putrid, horrid dungeon, with no recollection whatsoever about anything.Big Grin

WHOA, you posted a full story/storyline here Big Grin
12-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(12-28-2010, 05:12 PM)nihilist Wrote:
Spoiler below!

There had better be a first person body with jiggle/flop physics.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2010, 06:58 PM by Sexbad.)
12-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Website Find
nihilist Offline

Threads: 0

Ups, I've finished the game today and was to baffled to remember another episode that took place a few weeks ago (I'm really busy, but I've found time to play now, since I'm on a short vacation):

Spoiler below!

The windows in the Study...there's a room there (if i recall, the one where you find Agrippa's letter to Weyer, what's it doing there anyway?!), and if you take a peak out the window you'll see another window to the left, and through it a part of the castle that is inaccessible. The first thing I thought was "oh my god, if i see a monster waving its hand from over there I'm going to die...". Sadly, it didn't happen, but I guess it would have been simply insane to look out that window and see it shambling about over there(I've had at least two such experiences in the prison, when you can clearly see monsters wandering around in the distance, beyond some locked gate, but those moments weren't as half as scary as something like this would be. You expect the prison to be crawling with monsters and anyway, those in your immediate proximity are a lot more of a concern then those wandering in the distance. Also, after I broke the window in the study and starting jumping on the perches, I took a peak inside the hallway and said to myself "gee...if there was some locked door around here that would suddenly burst open and some hideous thing would start stalking the hallway, what would I do?". Once again, sadly it never happened.

Don't get me wrong, I like my horror games with as few actual enemies as possible, I like the fear and tension induced by the unknown and the unfolding of the events, not by monsters jumping around every corner, but I felt that it would have worked great to see something like that in those moments, it would have really made the already very tense and unsettling atmosphere explode.

Also, the lions in front of the prison don't really work. They are good in the Back Hall, but something more evil and sinister should have guarded the entrance to that grizzly prison. Perhaps some sort of winged lions? (with demon wings of courseBig Grin)
12-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Find
davva Offline

Threads: 1

waqas12346 please die

12-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

(12-28-2010, 07:31 PM)davva Wrote: waqas12346 please die

Confused Why you want me to DIE? Undecided
12-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Website Find
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2

Becouse you are VERY annoying.

Meh...
12-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

(12-28-2010, 07:59 PM)TheLittleGarfield Wrote: Becouse you are VERY annoying.

Sad Sad Sad Sad
12-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Website Find
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2

Well sorry, but you are.

Meh...
12-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Find